• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Home Again Home Again

hombre243

.30-06
Howdy all. I had more bladder cancer surgery yesterday. All went well. No pain. No catheter. Plenty of food from the canteen. I'm home and all is well. I still have to have the treatments like I had before but they are a big nuthin. They kept me over night but I could have driven home yesterday. O well...they make the rules. I just order room service.
hombre

I'm glad that you're home too.

With this trip being a breeze, I'm going to consider that as a win for you.

As I've done, I'll continue to say my prayers for you and be here to keep you company when you want it.

I'm glad that you're home too.

With this trip being a breeze, I'm going to consider that as a win for you.

As I've done, I'll continue to say my prayers for you and be here to keep you company when you want it.

Thanks John. I appreciate the prayers. So many people do not realize the power of prayer for healing and for peace of mind.

I’m glad to see things turned out well Hombre. Thinking about this made me realize that I have not been to a urologist in 25 years.

I thought I was going to have big problems back then, but he didn’t really find anything. I quit drinking coffee and started getting out from behind the desk all day. I improved my diet, started getting more exercise, and my problems cleared up on their own.

25 years later, the thought comes again though.

I’m glad to see things turned out well Hombre. Thinking about this made me realize that I have not been to a urologist in 25 years.

I thought I was going to have big problems back then, but he didn’t really find anything. I quit drinking coffee and started getting out from behind the desk all day. I improved my diet, started getting more exercise, and my problems cleared up on their own.

25 years later, the thought comes again though.
You should get checked just to make sure. in 2015 when I went to my GP at the VA he checked me out for a bladder infection but just to be safe, he scheduled me for a cysto in Iowa City at the VA there. It showed cancer in the prostate, in the walls of my bladder and a possible problem in the kidney. The only hint I may have a problem was the infection. If I hadn't gotten that checked, I might be pushin up daisies today.

Doc asked me what kind of work i did. I said i drove city and Charter buses, paratransit buses, big dump trucks, and small vans. I also did some lawncare and had a license to spray all that stuff that has been banned in CA for years...I tarred roads and layed blacktop. I even worked for Banquet Chicken in AR. I was on a cleanup detail there and we used all kind of caustic stuff, bleaches and sterilizers to clean equipment.

He said that sounds like just the right kind of jobs where I could breathe in and digest noxious chemicals, and eventually they would settle in the bladder. Now I have to realize I did this to myself.

Last edited:
It’s funny you should mention that hombre. I quit smoking so long ago that I seem to forget about it, but it’s actually been 13 years.

I thought it would be very difficult but I only had to quit about six times for it to take.

I didn’t have to work with defoliant or pesticide much in my life, but I spray paint and handled lots of gasoline & solvents.

I don’t understand why that stuff can’t settle in something I don’t want like my appendix! I’d like to keep my bladder.

It’s funny you should mention that hombre. I quit smoking so long ago that I seem to forget about it, but it’s actually been 13 years.

I thought it would be very difficult but I only had to quit about six times for it to take.

I didn’t have to work with defoliant or pesticide much in my life, but I spray paint and handled lots of gasoline & solvents.

I don’t understand why that stuff can’t settle in something I don’t want like my appendix! I’d like to keep my bladder.

I didnt mention I smoked for 38 years before I quit in 2007. The last almost 10 years I rolled my own and I smoked more of the rolleys per day than I ever did the store bought. I am surprised the cancer waited as long as it did. But Doc said any one of my occupations, or none of them could have caused it. I told him I was in California for almost a year when I was homeless. He asked if I was in LA. I was there a couple days. Mostly I was in Riverside, then San Bernardino, Ramona, back to San Bernardino and San Diego. I was in Alameda a month or less. I didnt notice smog anywhere that I went. However, I met a few people who liked to blow smoke. :laugh:

It showed cancer in the prostate, in the walls of my bladder and a possible problem in the kidney. The only hint I may have a problem was the infection. If I hadn't gotten that checked, I might be pushin up daisies today....

Bobster said:
Glad to hear you are doing well. I am not confident in my current urologist. I do need to look for another--I may PM you to see what you think if you don't mind...

@Bobster @hombre243 @CaddmannQ and to all the rest of you Post-50 Males out there.

I'm ok after kidney stones, bladder cancer, and prostate cancer.

I'll summarize my advice. GET A UROLIGIST YOU ARE CONFIDENT IN --- NOW!
EARLY DETECTION saved my life.

-- 23 years till my 100th birthday.

Hombre, man I am late to the thread. Glad the procedure went well. Our minds can really conjur up crazy stuff in times like this. You seem to handle this extremely well, but like John said if you need to let something out or get it off your chest, lean on us.

Again, glad to hear things went well.

Hombre, man I am late to the thread. Glad the procedure went well. Our minds can really conjur up crazy stuff in times like this. You seem to handle this extremely well, but like John said if you need to let something out or get it off your chest, lean on us.

Again, glad to hear things went well.

Thanks all for the encouragement you have given me. Meanie, if I had gotten news that was not so good, I would be a wreck. Thankful to God for good doctors and a spirit of courage instead of fear.

Bobster said:
Glad to hear you are doing well. I am not confident in my current urologist. I do need to look for another--I may PM you to see what you think if you don't mind...

@Bobster @hombre243 @CaddmannQ and to all the rest of you Post-50 Males out there.

I'm ok after kidney stones, bladder cancer, and prostate cancer.

I'll summarize my advice. GET A UROLIGIST YOU ARE CONFIDENT IN --- NOW!
EARLY DETECTION saved my life.

-- 23 years till my 100th birthday.
You may need help blowin out all those candles, so call me, ok? I am pretty good eating cake, ice cream and cake.

Back