• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hoppes Cleaning Kits for 9mm

So I have the Hoppes kit for my 12ga...I'm wondering if it will work on my 9mm as long as I get the right sized brushes and swabs. The rod seems to be almost universal in size for all their kits ranging from .38 0 to 12ga. Any thoughts? Should I contact Hoppes directly? The last thing I want is to scratch the barrel or ruin the rifling of my new 9.

The kit ( universal rods ) will work fine as long as you get the right size brush, jig, mop, etc...

Have you thought about using a bore snake...?!

I have one (or two) dedicated for every firearm I own...you just open and lock back the slide, put a drop or two of your favorite cleaning solution on the snakes' enclosed brush, drop the weighted pull line through the barrel, and then pull the snake ( and the fouling ) through and out the muzzle...instead of pushing the fouling into the action with the rod and patch method. Then machine or hand wash the snake for the next use.

=================================================================

Boresnake-1.gif

=================================================================

The Bore Snake is an all in one bore cleaning tool that pulls through your barrel and cleans it thoroughly in just a few seconds. A weighted brass drop through cord easily slips through the barrel to get the Bore Snake started. You just grab the end and pull the rest of it through. The "business end" of the Bore Snake has a whole bunch of surface area impregnated with brushes and floss (160X more floss than a patch). One pass with the Bore Snake equals several passes with conventional cleaning tools. The Bore Snake is simple... there's no assembly required. It's lightweight and compact with no exposed metal to damage the critical rifling or crown surfaces. Use it with or without your favorite gun cleaning solvent. And after several cleanings, just wash and dry the Bore Snake to restore it to like-new gun cleaning condition.

==================================================================

Back