• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How slick is this political manuever?

Tom396

.30-06
http://www.guns.com/govenor-quinn-ban-a ... 10299.html

"...He then employed what many consider to be backdoor politics to gut a moderately pro-gun piece of legislation, S. 681, which would have allowed Illinois residents to buy ammunition online or via the mail from Illinois suppliers (currently residents can only buy ammo from out-of-state dealers), and add language prohibiting the manufacture, delivery, sale and possession of semi-automatic “assault” weapons and attachments..."

D*mn. He sure turned that around! Take care. Tom Worthington.

Good link Tom396. This part at he end got me:
"We have a national crisis on our hands. Chicago has a crisis on its hands," said Dan Gross, head of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "We have to do everything we can do to prevent tragedy from happening."

The tradgedy would be banning a gun that a law abiding citizen could use to defend him or herself with. Notice that nowhere in the link do they mention what they will do to get guns out of the hands of criminals that are already breaking existing gun laws.

It sounds like it won't get passed. If it did pass, I wonder what they will do when the bloodbath in Chicago doesn't end? I guess I don't have to wonder, we all know that after banning assault rifles doesn't cut the murder rate they will need to make more laws.

Rediculous. It just continues to be rediculous.

These laws make no difference in the violent crime rate. Murder is illegal already, so is the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. There are laws that "ban" those things, yet it continues to happen no matter how steep the fine or stiff the penalty.

There is already crazy gun control in Chicago and yet its safer to be deployed to Afghanistan statistically speaking as there have been more deaths by gun violence in Chicago this year than in war zones occupied by American soldiers.

So, you know. Folks, keep mailing your representatives.

Back