• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How to modify 702 25 round mag to fit 715?

EastStallion

Copper BB
Hey everyone, I am stuck. I purchased a 25 round mag for a 702 Plinkster, for my Mossberg 715. I thought it would fit BOTH the 702 Plinkster AND the 715 Tactical as it states ALL over the internet. However, the 25 round mag for the plinkster does NOT fit the 715 tact. Has anyone ever modified a 702 25 round magazine to fit the 715.? I would REALLY appreciate any insight on this. It seems I would have to extend the magazine (the first 10 bullets) outward so it would catch in my 715. If you notice, the two mags look very similiar, however, the 715 25 round mag is slightly longer, were the 702 25 round mag is shorter to stick up in the gun, not allowing it to catch its position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL,

Thanks....

WOW, 40 people checked out this post, and not one responded..! lol.. Didn't think it be that difficult, but I think I figured out a way to modify the mag to fit my 715... Anyone with any ideas, feel free to leave a comment..
Thanks.

EastStallion said:
Hey everyone, I am stuck. I purchased a 25 round mag for a 702 Plinkster, for my Mossberg 715. I thought it would fit BOTH the 702 Plinkster AND the 715 Tactical as it states ALL over the internet. However, the 25 round mag for the plinkster does NOT fit the 715 tact. Has anyone ever modified a 702 25 round magazine to fit the 715.? I would REALLY appreciate any insight on this. It seems I would have to extend the magazine (the first 10 bullets) outward so it would catch in my 715. If you notice, the two mags look very similiar, however, the 715 25 round mag is slightly longer, were the 702 25 round mag is shorter to stick up in the gun, not allowing it to catch its position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL,

Thanks....

I'd love to be able to help out here, but I don't own either mag or rifle for that matter.

Don't recall anyone posting any attempts at the modification you're talking about. I'll definitely be checking in on your progress to see what you come up with...

You cannot modify the magazine to work. You can modify the gun, though. You will have to carve out a pretty good chunk of the innards of the 715 case. The release, and the area in front of the trigger guard have to come out. It doesn't look like it will fit but it will. It still baffles me as to why Mossberg chose not to make the case to fit a 702 magazine.

wow, that seems a little wild,, but definitely doable. I was thinking, I can take my 10 round mag I got, and cut it about 1/3'. And take out the 10 round mag in the 25 magazine, and weld another inch to it, put it but into the clip, and should be fine. I only need an inch to get the 702 Plinkster 25 round magazine to fit into my 715 tactical. Thats ALL IT IS,, just a lousy inch to get it to catch into place.. And your right, why Mossberg doesn't make them both the Plinkster and tactical interchable, as for the high capacity magazines goes. Thanks for the input...

:ugeek:

makenzie71 said:
You cannot modify the magazine to work. You can modify the gun, though. You will have to carve out a pretty good chunk of the innards of the 715 case. The release, and the area in front of the trigger guard have to come out. It doesn't look like it will fit but it will. It still baffles me as to why Mossberg chose not to make the case to fit a 702 magazine.

Back