• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Howdy from Chatsworth, CA

Thomas

.22LR
Hello everyone, I'm a mossberg 500A owner. Bought it from my buddies aunt after her husband passed away about 10 years ago. It's been the only gun I've owned so far. Originally a 7+1 shot 20" barrel with bayonet lug, wood stock, wood foregrip, and barrel heat shield. Currently it's fully equipped with a 24" rifled deer slayer barrel, adaptive tactical drum magazine conversion, black aces tactical full length quad rail, atlas bipod (7" extended I think), hawke optics scope and rings, rear ar15 conversion, magpul precision rifle stock, magpul K2+ pistol grip, thicker prs buttpad. I know it's a pretty extreme build for a pump but it's just a little hobby of mine. Nice to meet you all.

Custom wood pistol grip and foregrip setup:
IMG_20150930_112245_zpsrosmfyox.jpg

Breacher barrel/Knoxx folding stock:
IMG_20121006_175524.jpg

IMG_20121006_175540.jpg

EOTech/boyds stock setup:
20151216_155225_zpsxv6dm039.jpeg

20151214_192310_030_zpsdyvkxtaw.jpeg

Hawke scope/AR15 rear setup:
IMG_20160229_125254_zpsnn8yluzt.jpg

IMG_20160227_185946_zpsvuqbs7uh.jpg

IMG_20160229_074121_zpsuzjofcye.jpg

IMG_20160217_093230_zpsjbwskpp0.jpg

IMG_20160305_212805_zpstqsa8v9n.jpg

Last edited:
It's different, but that's OK.

If you're only going to own one gun, a shotgun is a very good choice for that. They're very versatile and can take the smallest to the largest critters on this continent.

Holy smokes and wow! Welcome to Mossberg Owners, nice work gettin the photo up right away!

Wow! that looks like a handful!

Welcome from the Sunny San Joaquin!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your 500. Take a look around and you'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I added some more pictures for your viewing pleasure! Ive probably had about 15 different setups on this shotgun but most of my pictures got lost over the years. I'll add some as I stubble apon them! :)

Thomas, that is a sweet setup. I got one of the first Knoxx Sidewinder conversions. Had to wait about a year after purchase to get an early production model. I used it a couple of times in 3-gun competition.

One of my drums occasionally had a dragging follower and would miss a feed. The box mags never missed. How has your experience w/ the drum been?

Thomas, that is a sweet setup. I got one of the first Knoxx Sidewinder conversions. Had to wait about a year after purchase to get an early production model. I used it a couple of times in 3-gun competition.

One of my drums occasionally had a dragging follower and would miss a feed. The box mags never missed. How has your experience w/ the drum been?

I only have the 1 drum currently. I fired about 150 rounds of hornady sst sabot slugs through it without issue. I'm gonna pick up a few 5 round box mags soon next time I buy ammo. I was shooting pretty slowly though with the gun bench rested.

I'm looking through this again and saw something, is that a Mesa high tube stock adapter? I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Back