• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hunter72 checking in

hunter72

.270 WIN
ello ello Gents, and Ladies
Thought I should introduce myself, as I have made several posts that some may think are "Opinionated"
My name is Steve, I go by my middle name "Hunter" I'm 38 yrs old.
My History with Mossberg shotguns goes back many many years. I received my fist shotgun (Steven's model 67e)at the tender age of 8, back then it was normal for youngsters to have guns.
At age twelve I traded that shotty for a 500 and never looked back.
I served as a Medic in the US Army, and was lucky enough to be moved around to many great line units. I was fortunate enough to be duel MOS qualified as a 11b (although I never was deployed directly as a grunt). I have used the 500/590 platform in combat, on entries and as a PDW.
I prefer it and that's that.
My brother is in Law enforcement and I have many relationships with LEO's, upon retireing,(16yrs retired due to injuries received) I became post certified and a firearms instructer for a few local city and county agencies. That work lead to a .gov job doing the same. All of these opportunities are part time, My full time Job is a Civ. Firefighter for the DoD.

I have tinkerd and rebuilt and changed and messed with the 500 platform most of my adult life.
Thanks for having me

Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum. We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. It is great to have a member with you background knowledge here.

First let me say thank you for your service! There are still guys like me who are greatful for guys like you!

Glad to have you, (and your "opinions" :) ) on board here, Welcome!!!

Rossignol said:
First let me say thank you for your service! There are still guys like me who are greatful for guys like you!

Absolutely! I am able to sit here and type on this forum right now for what people like you do.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
I hope this board takes off, Some of the other boards I belong too have become, lets just say more about day to day bullshit that what they were started for.

I think there will be some of that here and there... However there is alot going on with Mossberg right now, should stay interesting!

hunter72 said:
Thanks everyone for the welcome.
I hope this board takes off, Some of the other boards I belong too have become, lets just say more about day to day bullshit that what they were started for.
We have high hopes of this forum becoming the number one resource for Mossberg firearms! We have an offtopic section for the day to day bulshit and I will make sure it stays there :)

Like others have said and many should say, Thank You for your service time, the sacrifices made there can't be rewarded enough.

Welcome to the forums as well. :)

Ultimate CC said:
Rossignol said:

Absolutely! I am able to sit here and type on this forum right now for what people like you do.

X2 :) and Welcome

Back