• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I bought a case of ammo and two magazines and gun a free gun

l7Sl6pq.jpg

I didn't want a carry handle model but I think I'll like it. It's easy to pull that rail off and it doesn't change my POI very much putting it back on. On/off won't be very precise but it'll still be pretty effective. I do have a few dislikes about it:

The 11" quad rail. Really? 11 inches of plastic, sharp, picatinny railing? Why not just line the whole damn thing?

Safety is hard to engage after shooting. You have to lower the weapon to depress it...can't easily flip it off with the right hand from shooting position.

Toggle for bolt is all floppy.

The adjustable butt is also real sloppy.

Very, very front heavy. Maybe I've gotten to use to shooting my bullpup.

These are three groups of six shots. This was done at 30 yards. Not far, but I didn't have the room to do more. I also had quite a wind coming in from the left. I was braced against my van...which tends to catch a lot of wind and rock. On top of that, I'm really not that great a shot...but here we have it all the same.

5gRJq2q.jpg

The group to the right is my first group. I then took the rail off and shot the group to the left. The bottom group is the last group. All I did was stick the rail back in and snug it back down using the single locking nut. Obviously, my point of impact changed...but not a lot. It would make more difference at 100 yards, of course, so it's less than ideal. But I was pleased to see that it'll come back as close as it did. I think with some work it could be made to come back true every time.

My .22's are starting to take on a pretty distinct "look"...

9KqBHxC.jpg

Re: I bought a case of ammo and two magazines and gun a free

nice collection.

Re: I bought a case of ammo and two magazines and gun a free

Very nice mak!

Thanks for the pics and review...

Back