• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I just made a trade for a 500 Mariner

I just made a deal to bring home another one for the safe. It's a Mossberg 500 Mariner, 12 Ga. This shotgun is coated with a really durable marine coat finish and has a 6 shot tube with 3" shells. It's very lightly used and in excellent condition.

I do a great deal of light remodeling and home repairs and I traded my services at $25/hr for this one. I get it for $300, so I know I made a pretty good trade. It has a shorter 18.5" barrel. The previous owner put on a rear ghost sight and a red ramp front sight. So it's ideal for HD.
This will make a great addition to my shotgun collection. I saw this about 6 years ago when I was selling my friends late husbands guns and always hoped that I would be able to get it someday. Well, today's the day.

Here are a few photos, so you can see what I got to bring home today.

Regards,
Gregory

I like that a LOT.
I'm a big fan of Mossberg SP ghost ring sights.

You got a great shotgun there.

Would the ghost ring sights have been standard on this shotgun when it was built? Or do you think it was probably an OEM aftermarket upgrade?
I don't see them with the gun anywhere I l look. Some of the tactical models have the ghost rings, but none of the Mariners do.

Would the ghost ring sights have been standard on this shotgun

They're factory. Ghost sights on the Mariners are rare, but they are out there. For whatever reason the rear sight assembly was never nickle coated. Goes very well with the black-and-silver color scheme.

You can have your stinkin' marinecote! ;) THIS is what I want... :D

But seriously, nice gun and I certainly wouldn't throw it out of bed! :)

Attachments

• shine1.jpg
    shine1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 23
  • shine2.jpg
    shine2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 21
  • shinymariner2.jpg
    shinymariner2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 21
Nice, I like the marine coat finish!

Freakin' sweet. I probably would have worked twice as hard if I knew as was getting that sweet piece of beauty as payment. I was hoping you had pics in this thread. Congrats!

Back