• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I just scored 16² pieces of 5.56mm once fired!

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I just scored 16² pieces of 5.56mm once fired!

Yessir. Sure did. :lol:

Two Hundred and Fitty Sicks little gold pieces! Picked them all up FOR FREE off the ground in less than ten minutes..... They look like they've been laying there less than a day. :) The tree pollen that coats absolutely everything in minutes this time of year isn't on this rifle brass so I know it's recent.

See, I stopped by the old "closed down" police range that the general shooting public now finds very inviting. Brass is everywhere. I could have done the backstroke in the ocean of .40S&W and 9mm brass!

My newly found 5.56 brass is boxer primed "American Made" mostly WCC NATO with a few Federals (Lake City NATO) thrown in, still with sealed and crimped primers. Known to be fired once and only once.

It's gonna take a couple hours to tumble and clean, followed by decapping and a bath in Lemi-Shine to make the brass absolutely dazzling (you've probably never seen brass that looks so bright), then re-tumble and dry them and get 'em all ready for trimming and primers and powder and bullets and a factory neck crimp.

I'd include a photo but it would just be a picture of a whole bunch of rifle brass with a little bit of dirt stuck to it. When I'm done it'll look like it should be in a jewelery store lighted case!

Oh, WAIT.

I haven't had much time to devote to my wife over this past month. In February I worked every day but four. I'm going to have to put this brass on the "to do list". It'll wait......

I already have more primed cases, that I processed over a year ago, already waiting in the wings. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats! That Sir, is a nice score.

Excellent find...post some pics of the reloads when you get them made up...

Back