1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

I need some help understanding MOA circle reticles

Discussion in 'Holographic/Red Dot Sights' started by Rossignol, May 27, 2018.

1. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

I’m still on the fence. How do you like the dot for Turkey? My primary use would be dispatching varmints. The circle would work just the same as I pattern. But, the TRS 25 is only $50 these days and it mounts pretty low on a rail and it’s small.
  2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

The optics are great and I also use them on my ARs. I cant say much more on the shotgun, I never actually used it after I patterned it.

I did shoot one with a reflex sight a while back and it worked good.

My issue is head position. I grew up shooting just a bead so when I have to lift my bead to look through an optic it still feels awkward to me. I always find myself getting my cheek on the stock, realizing I cant see the target and having to adjust. Rather than force myself to adapt, I think I just fall back on what I'm comfortable with.
    Rossignol likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well until my eye surgery I couldn't see the bead and the target at the same time. I had to just point the gun and shoot.

It's quite different right now and in fact I'm having a much better time with all of the fixed sight weapons.
  4. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

On that Bushnell Incinerate,

I got word back from 3 sources, one being a vendor, a second from a customer who has purchased the sight, and the third being a rep from Bushnell.

The riser is removable from the base and per the Bushnell rep, from the base to the center of the optic is 1.1”.

I don’t know how that 1” compares with other optics. Can anyone chime in on that?
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

My cheapo is 1 inch in theory, but it's really 25 mm because it was made in China.

That is just 0.016" difference though.