• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I Removed My Bayonet Lug!

Misery930

.270 WIN
It poked me in the back a few times when I had the shotgun over my shoulder and I was never going to use a bayonet so I saw no reason to keep it. I sawed the entire retaining ring off, used a steel file to smooth it out and refinished the whole gun. Here is the result.

now correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that silver soldered on ?.......If so, for not torching the the SS back out you did one hell of a clean job on that

I made 22 cal barrels for about 6 or so years and sometimes for fun I would follow the barrels out to the solder room and solder front sights on them...not my regular job so the messed up ones I would have to remove the sight remount it....without the torch thats a tougher job than someone would think

You cut the lug off!? That's heresy!...just kidding. That's some nice clean up work that you did and a nice looking shotty to boot. I like the rocks for a background. It makes it look tougher.

Back