• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I think OR has you guys beat

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Email I just got…..humorous at best. They have extremists, we have extremists…..what do they hope to do with such an obvious failure of a bill…..is supposed to be a scare tactic? If so they do not know thine enemy, nice try though…….how would you like to be the guy who goes around doing the searches ?…..life expectancy would be measured in hours

Oregon Firearms Federation
PO Box 556
Canby, OR 97013

Voice: (503) 263-5830

http://www.oregonfirearms.org
OFF ALERT 02.22.13

MASSIVE GUN BAN INTRODUCED IN OREGON HOUSE

This bill bans most modern firearms and magazines, requires that you register the ONE gun you will be allowed to own and allows for warrantless searches of your home.

This may be one of the most extreme anti-gun bills introduced in the nation.

See the whole story at either of the following links:

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/massive-g ... introduced

http://tinyurl.com/az2ungo

Did someone forward this to you? To receive the most up to date information consider subscribing directly to the Oregon Firearms Federation e-mail list.
The volume of mail usually is quite low. If you have trouble opening links in this e-mail please see the alerts page on our website for the latest alert. Please do not respond to this e-mail. To contact OFF please write to "off@oregonfirearms.org"

To subscribe to, or to be removed from the OFF E-mail Alert list please go to:

http://server33.webnation.us/mailman/listinfo/offmail

Reads like a clone of the WA bill that was introduced a few days ago. These people must all use the same hot tub. :roll:

This is the kind of crap that people hear back east and has them lumping Oregon and Washington in with Kalifornia. We never hear about the fierce oppostion to this B.S...good thing I know better now.

That is some serious garbage man. It really does seem like they are playing a game of "oh yeah, well we proposed something more outrageous than you did." Wait until the other state dictators hear about this one.

Again, while I'm sure it has a snowballs chance of passing it pisses me off to no end that someone who claims to be an American would even think of this, let alone propose it as a law. Unreal.

I dont know... for some reason I really think this is kinda funny.

For years it was, "we dont want to take your guns"

Now its, "we dont think you should have THIS gun and hey you have to turn it in"

I see this whole thing they are pulling... if kept up... getting real ugly, real soon.

Just seperates the wheat from the chaff.

Now you know who to run against.

I'll donate to your campaign fund. Just let me know.

Then there's this background check thing between private parties. There's no way this could work without forced registration of every gun in the country. These people are idiots. :x

A bipartisan group of senators is on the verge of a deal that would expand background checks to all private firearms sales with limited exemptions, but significant disagreements remain on the issue of keeping records of private gun sales, according to aides familiar with the talks.

An agreement would be a bold first step toward consideration of legislation to limit gun violence in the wake of the mass shootings at a Connecticut elementary school in December and comes as the Senate Judiciary Committee is expected this week to begin considering new proposals to limit gun violence.

The talks, led by two Democrats and two Republicans, are expected to earn more GOP support in the coming days and likely enough to move the bill through the Senate, according to senior aides of both parties who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

“These negotiations are challenging, as you’d expect on an issue as complicated as guns,” the chief negotiator, Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), said in a statement Saturday. “But all of the senators involved are approaching this in good faith. We are all serious about wanting to get something done, and we are going to keep trying.”

Resolution of whether to keep records of private sales is key to earning the support of one of the Republicans involved in the talks, Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn, who has a solid A-rating from the influential National Rifle Association and could provide political cover for lawmakers of both parties who are wary of supporting the plan.

Coburn has declined to comment on the talks, saying recently that “I don’t negotiate through the press.”

Democrats say that keeping records of private sales is necessary to enforce any new law and because current federal law requires licensed firearm dealers to keep records. Records of private sales also would help law enforcement trace back the history of a gun used in a crime, according to Democratic aides. Republicans, however, believe that records of private sales could put an undue burden on gun owners or could be perceived by gun rights advocates as a precursor to a national gun registry.

Coburn and Schumer are joined in their talks by Sens. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), while aides in both parties anticipate that Republican Sens. John McCain (Ariz.), Jeff Flake (Ariz.) and Susan Collins (Maine) could also endorse the plan soon. McCain and Collins have said they generally support legislation expanding background checks, while a Flake spokeswoman said Saturday that he is still reviewing the proposal.

More Republican support is anticipated in part because the four senators involved in the talks have agreed that any new background check program would exempt private transactions between family members or people who completed a background check in order to obtain a concealed-carry permit, according to aides.

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Chuck Schmuck is the biggest anti gunner in NY. He's dangerous. Probably has his pockets lined with Bloomberg's money.

Well we also have a bill that came out before this one that would make all federal 2A changes illegal here so this was probably just a response to that
it’s nothing but a pissing match and if they did like NY to us we would do like NY’s and just not comply with that shit so they would have to use the military to search houses, someone would shoot at them then they would end up massacring some civilians then it would be on. Most the military would side with the people IMO

I have been seeing a lot about new bills in OR... What is it lately with the people on the Western side of the country??? Oli, I would scrape up whatever pennies I could and donate to your campaign!! :)

Best wishes to you and our fellow Patriots on the West Coast!

thanks, but nothing is writen in stone yet, you have many more restrictive states areound you than I do....help your friends in NY and CT....I dont need $.01's, I got 5.56

Well excuse me ;) lol

NY is on its way back slowly, appeals are being filed and taken to court. I don't foresee anything in the near future but eventually. CT is still stuck on the shooting at Sandyhook and that is going to be hard to get passed through their heads...

I just saw that PA wants to out right ban .50 cal rifles. Something about them being "Sniper" rifles... and so it begins.....

Yeah.. Don't rub it in :)
I have exactly 30 days left till I can have one so I guess the wait is worth while lol

Oregon Firearms Federation
PO Box 556
Canby, OR 97013

Voice: (503) 263-5830

http://www.oregonfirearms.org
OFF ALERT 02.25.13

Anti-Gun Zealots Change Their Tune.

Mitch Greenlick, who was the chief sponsor of Oregon’s most extreme gun ban, is backing away from it as fast as he can.

While the people who asked for the bill, “Ceasefire Oregon,” are encouraging people to “thank” Greenlick for introducing this travesty, Greenlick himself is saying the bill is “flawed” and “not in play.

Your efforts are working. They feel the heat and they see the light.

But this is no time to relax.

Get the whole story at either of the following links:

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/anti-gun- ... their-tune

http://tinyurl.com/9wprgkq

Did someone forward this to you? To receive the most up to date information consider subscribing directly to the Oregon Firearms Federation e-mail list.
The volume of mail usually is quite low. If you have trouble opening links in this e-mail please see the alerts page on our website for the latest alert. Please do not respond to this e-mail. To contact OFF please write to "off@oregonfirearms.org"

To subscribe to, or to be removed from the OFF E-mail Alert list please go to:

http://server33.webnation.us/mailman/listinfo/offmail

dude .....even I was sending emails......and I heard a story about all of them deleting thousands of emails from people who don’t even live in their districts. One of the old loggers down here who ran for senator ran and got it lol, he has a logging company here in the southern part of the state , they put together a couple crews in the summer and I use them to fight fire. So he tells us all the funny stories when we see him.....I even sent emails to him lol

Don’t think it stood much of a chance even if no one lifted a finger.......but like WM said it’s better to make sure.

Scary that there are people in the capital that don’t mind people getting their homes searched without notice

Back