• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

If guns and ammunition were flying off the shelf before....

Tom396

.30-06
If firearms and ammunition were already flying off the shelves, faster than they could even be manufactured, what is it gonna be like now?! You just know that anti-gun rhetoric jump starts firearm purchases, so how will that accelerate an already exploding market? Are firearm manufacturer stock market values gonna go up even more? Is it going to be even harder to find our favorite cartridges, etc.?

I'm certain that somebody is gonna take a crack at limiting internet firearms/ammunition purchases in light of the Colorado shooter buying much of his ammunition off the net. That oughta trigger a pretty healthy buying spree too. Please discuss. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Re: If guns and ammunition were flying off the shelf before.

I've had many of the same thoughts Tom.

Election year, especially given how left the administration is already, is already makin it difficult to find ammo and firearms.

Now with yesterdays shooting, I can only imagine there will be a rush to buy before the antis even begin a campaign against online sales and further restricting ones ability to purchase what they want.

I have one answer to this. Reload. I don't personally reload because I just don't have time to shoot as much as I would like due to kids, work etc plus I live in a small Condo and don't have the room to set up a decent reloading station. But I have a friend who reloads 30-06 and 40 Cal for pennies compared to what it cost to actually buy manufactured ammo. He even just recently started casting his own bullets for his 40 and saves even more. I think he will easily pay for his reloading equipment this year and be producing his own ammo for years to come. His total cost is powder and primers. And the initial cost of the extra brass if he needs it. But since his cost per round is so much less, he gets to go shooting even more. I'm jellous! :lol:

Paul

I have been hearing so many wrong things watching the news the last few days, I dont' even know where to begin.

assault bombs
assault guns
mortars

I've heard one "expert" claim that 100 round magazines were already illegal

I stopped watching the coverage. Until the reporters can/do give honest truthful reporting, I don't want to hear all that make believe crap trying to get ratings.

Legislating anything is not going to slow, let alone stop someone bent on doing an evil deed. It's ludicris thinking otherwise.

yeah, take away everyone's stuff that have no desire or inclination to hurt another. That will fix everything. There will never be another human killed in the U.S.

Ever

:roll:

John A. said:
I've heard one "expert" claim that 100 round magazines were already illegal

I heard that one too! I had throw the B.arbra S.triesand flag on that one. Rediculous coverage.

This will push purchases to ramp up, especially closer to where the tradgedy happened. It drives the libs crazy that people will want to defend themselves instead of relying on the government. As the election nears I expect an absolute frenzy of buying all things gun related. If Obama wins we'll look back fondly at what we could buy and what it cost in 2008-2012.

Heartbreaking that it takes a tragedy to convince people that they are the masters of their own destiny and relying on the police or whoever to protect you is a comforting dream, but not a reality.

Fox News this morning has gun sales in Aurora Colorado up 25% since the shooting.

I picked up a 10/22 last night and the place was swamped...and that was a day before their big ammo sale started.

The police do what they can and I appreciate their efforts (except when I get a speeding ticket!). I believe lawsuits where they didn't make it in time to stop a crime all fail. The police are there to protect the community, not individuals. Can any LEO's comment on this? This is something that the anti gun liberals always leave out...you won't be able to protect yourself and neither can the government.

carbinemike said:
Fox News this morning has gun sales in Aurora Colorado up 25% since the shooting.

I've actually heard it at much higher like up over 40%!

The friend of mine at work who just ordered from PSA last week still hasnt received conformation of his order, though PSA was already backlogged processing orders because of the sale and free shipping on everything! The estimated time of delivery has been between 2 and 3 weeks, but now I think he said, its up to 5 weeks!

Another friend had ordered a RockRiver LAR15 about two weeks ago and was told it would take 2 months to fill the order!

I think the 40% increase may have been people signing up for concealed carry courses. I may have it backwards. Either way, everything is up!

Ahhh, thats true, I forgot they mentioned the CCW classes!

If i heard correctly, CCW classes are booked solid for the next three weeks or so?

"...Between Friday and Sunday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm — a 43 percent increase over the previous Friday through Sunday and a 39 percent jump over those same days on the first weekend of July.

The biggest spike was on Friday, when there were 1,216 checks, a 43 percent increase over the average number for the previous two Fridays..."

Read more: Aurora theater shooting: Gun sales up since tragedy - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21142 ... z21hAeVVhd
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom396, thanks for the clarifying link on the sales increase numbers. I'm sure sales will stay ramped up for the froseeable future especially as leftwing calls for bringing back the '94 assault weapons ban seem to be increasing.

Call me reactionary, if you like, but I think this might be a good time to order even more ammunition. Not necessarily because there will be any sort of shortage, but because I think the price is gonna be taking a heck of a hike (thanks to the election results). Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 I would not call you reactionary. A visionary may be more accurate.

I made some call at lunch to a local gun shop to inquire if they had Ruger bolt action in .308 in stock. Was told no but they could get one in and would I hold while they called a dealer. Dealer #1, nope, they were all allocated Tuesday. Dealer #2, website jammed from traffic. LGS would check others and call me back. Called back after exhausting their sources and they couldn't help me but offered other calibers/brands.

I did find one in stock at another store and picked it up tonight. No lines to speak of and they said 4 years ago they were swamped the day after the election. You are right though, things will get tougher to find. Maybe I should invest in gun manufacturer. They will be balls to the wall for awhile.

My cases of 1000 9mm & 1000 x39 arrived on Monday. Just trying to beat the hike in prices. I have never lost money reselling ammo and I always have enough to shoot.

This is on the front page today.

Welcome to SGAmmo.com - NOTICE CUSTOMERS - EXPECT SHORT SHIPPING DELAYS DUE TO A SPIKE IN VOLUME - WE WILL BE WORKING EXTRA TO KEEP DELAYS MINIMAL

All of the ball 9mm ammo is out of stock, plenty of the expensive self defense stuff but I am sure that will be gone and/or very expensive as time goes on.

I placed an order for some shotshells and a few handgun cartridges on Nov. 3, from Ableammo. They have thus far been unable to fill it. Not sure which item or items are the holdup. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I've noticed a few of those as well.

Processing
Thank you for your order.
Your Order is now being processed. Due to an extremely high number of orders, your product should ship within 1 to 2 business days. We are sorry for the delay. You will receive a tracking # through e-mail from the shipping company when this order ships. If you do not receive this tracking # please check your spam blocker or junk mail. Thanks again for your business and have a great day!!!

DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF INCOMING ORDERS PLEASE EXPECT A 2-3 DAY SHIPPING DELAY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND SUPPORT.

ATTENTION:

DUE TO THE INCREASED DEMAND WE ARE RUNNING 7-10 DAYS BEHIND ON SHIPPING!!

We are trying to keep the inventory on the website accurate to prevent lengthy backorders.

Thank you for your business!!!

DUE TO COMPONENT SHORTAGE

ORDERS WILL SHIP AS SOON

AS AMMUNITION IS AVAILABLE!

Back