• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

If Mossberg Would Listen, What Would You Recommend They Change or Modify About Your Mossberg Weapon?

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Please specify the shotgun or rifle model upfront and discuss all the things you wish Mossberg would change or modify.

Your opportunity to be heard.

Not exactly a change, but I'd love to see Mossberg offer a conversion kit to make the older 88/500/590 shotguns work with mini shells the way the new "S" models do. I know there are aftermarket products to achieve this, but it just seems like something Mossberg themselves could offer.

Well, they have quit making the .30-30 lever action Mariner, BUT….

I would tell them to hone all the excess ceramic coating out of the action before they ship them.

Those guns had too much coating in the action which caused things to drag a bit. Also, the hammer wasn’t well mated to the sliding surface. Until I honed it, it was grooving the bolt.

Deburr the main spring retainer so you get a more consistent strike action from the spring.

Make the follower metal or use a plastic that won’t swell from heat and solvent.

Put some anti-corrosion oil inside the magazine tube so it does not rust internally during shipping and storage.

Knock the burrs off the lever safety tab, so it doesn’t wear a groove in the lever or your fingers.

Clean up the T-slot in the lever where the bolt lock rides.

Or just do what you did, Mossberg, stick to shotguns and give up level actions, because you can’t/won’t afford to do them right.

Of all my arms, this one took the most work to make it reliable.

Last edited:
Kramer always looks like he just stuck his finger in a light socket. :D

When a customer calls in, maybe there customer service representatives would do more then just say "there has never been anything wrong, also if the rep doesn't have a clue put them in touch with someone that does instead of saying well you can replace 6 different parts and try that".
I feel at this rate he would have me completely rebuild the weapon before I find the problem.
I was really disappointed with this rep. He didn't have a clue nor did he want to help find any solution.

That’s the difference between a sales representative and a service representative. I don’t think I’ve ever had an excuse to call Mossberg when I could do business with the aftetmarket.

That’s the difference between a sales representative and a service representative. I don’t think I’ve ever had an excuse to call Mossberg when I could do business with the aftetmarket.
I won't comment on this one as I'm an a**hole and have no problem saying what I think. Are you saying that one of my replies is coming from a service rep? If so that makes me like this forum alot better then most!
Thank you sir, you have All been very helpful!

Skawk away buddy. I ain't the censor.
Nor was I trying to be a jerk.
Check ya later.

Skawk away buddy. I ain't the censor.
Nor was I trying to be a jerk.
Check ya later.
Hey Pard, I never thought that. If I did I would say that. I'm sorry you thought I was implying that!
I appreciate everyone's help. I have been educated more here then in most places in a long while!

Thank you all

Hey Pard, I never thought that. If I did I would say that. I'm sorry you thought I was implying that!
I appreciate everyone's help. I have been educated more here then in most places in a long while!

Thank you all
Not a problem. I’ve been confused before. I wasn’t sure what you were saying.
Don’t give it another thought.

They already did. I spoke to one of their techs about upgrades that I was doing to my 930 to set it up for competition, specifically the SBE Precision piston and the OR three gun mag tube spacers.
The tech went online and looked at the parts. I was talking about and thought it was very interesting. Then a year and a half later voilà out comes the 940 with all that stuff in it.

I wasn’t saying above that it was because of me the 940 came out. They probably were getting recommendations from Jerry Miculek and a lot of the other pros. I just thought it was kind of coincidental.

It happens a lot. Common experiences generate common solutions. It doesn’t matter too much who thought what first, (unless there is a financial interest!)

Back