• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll be watching you

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Every breath you take, every move you make.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_YbBHVF4g[/youtube]

We have to break out of this siege mentality.

Siege mentality is a shared feeling of victimization and defensiveness. It is a state of mind whereby one believes that one is being constantly attacked, oppressed, or isolated and makes one frightened of surrounding people. This can cause a state of being overly fearful leading to a defensive attitude.

WASHINGTON – Counterterrorism experts have renewed calls to tighten security on America's mass transit lines following two would-be terrorists' foiled plot to blow up a Toronto passenger train.

The alleged plan to attack Canada’s transit system has shed light on the vulnerabilities that still exist in America's commuter system and the challenges involved in keeping it safe for travelers.

"The millions of Americans who take public transportation need to be assured that everything possible is being done to ensure their security and safety," American Public Transportation Association President and CEO Michael Melaniphy told FoxNews.com on Monday, adding that federal funding should be increased.

Security analysts note that the very nature of public transit systems makes them hard to defend because of their open architecture, multiple access points and heavy volume of passengers. But a string of recent plots, including the latest out of Canada, underscore the need to make changes.

Scott Weber, former counsel for the Department of Homeland Security, told Fox News that “the threat lies everywhere.”

“This country has to change its outlook on day-to-day life,” he said. “We can’t let out guard down.”

Melaniphy thinks more money should be spent on state-of-the-art surveillance systems, explosive- and chemical-detection systems, and enhanced communication technology -- as well as anti-terrorism patrol teams, first responder training and public education campaigns.

“These enhancements are crucial in order to effectively combat and deter potential attacks,” he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04 ... z2RKYvQoBR

Interesting Gunny. I believe that mentaility is coming more from our media and government than it is from people being scared a terrorist act will get them. Not that we should take terrorism lightly, but I have more concern about crime from lowly citizenry than I do about being a victim of a terrorist act. We have crime around here but no real muslim population.

Back