• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

go to king armery.com and look for shotgun muzzle brakes .they can explain it alot better. :mrgreen:

Range day today! :mrgreen:
jgEl2cuR94QBV.jpg

jzvxo62Z9WFa2.jpg

Very nice! Hey did you take the side saddle off?

I think you mentioned getting the barrel modified by vang comp and that you use low recoil federal flight control rounds. Any significant improvement in patterning your buck?

Water Monkey said:

I think you mentioned getting the barrel modified by vang comp and that you use low recoil federal flight control rounds. Any significant improvement in patterning your buck?

I did take it off yesterday. I am waiting on another side saddle to come in the mail, I am going to try out Mesa tactical new rail saddle , i wanted to snap a fewics with it off, i miss the m590a1 logo! I never sent my barrel into vang. I still want to. From what I have read about using federal flight control loads with the factory barrel and the vang comp barrel there is very little or no improvement. With other none flight control loads there is a great improvement in pattering. This is another reason I haven't sent it in yet. I hardly ever shoot non flight control loads.

That a1 looks happy! ...and well fed... :D

KentuckyWindage said:
Water Monkey said:

I did take it off yesterday. I am waiting on another side saddle to come in the mail, I am going to try out Mesa tactical new rail saddle , i wanted to snap a fewics with it off, i miss the m590a1 logo! I never sent my barrel into vang. I still want to. From what I have read about using federal flight control loads with the factory barrel and the vang comp barrel there is very little or no improvement. With other none flight control loads there is a great improvement in pattering. This is another reason I haven't sent it in yet. I hardly ever shoot non flight control loads.

Yeah I was wondering if you did get it done since you were using the flight control rounds. I also heard the flight control rounds basically do what the vang barrels do except the decrease in muzzle rise due to the porting.

I'm probably going to put in an order for that Federal LE low recoil 00 buck next paycheck and do some patterning.

Heck yeah, thats a good lookin firearm man! A beautifully simple 590A1, excellent!!!

My first post here!
2012-06-28_20-21-46_614.jpg

2012-06-28_20-21-59_780.jpg

2012-06-28_20-21-40_566.jpg

Mossberg 590
Laserlyte tri rail
Daniel Defense QD sling mount
Streamlight TLR-1
XS big dot tritium bead
Tac Star 4 round sidesaddle
Mesa Tactical stock adapter
ITT/Enidine Hydraulic buffer tube
Magpul CTR with enhanced pad
BCM Gunfigter MOD0 pistol grip
Condor speedy two point sling

I have been through ALOT of configurations with this and my old Mossber 500, from ATi stocks, to speedfeed, to hogue, and so on. Ive used mesa sidesaddles, different forends, ghost rings, and everything else. So far this is my favorite config, but even this has its flaws. Im considering switching the stock to a hogue 13" LOP stock, as the mesa kit's cheek weld is a bit high for using a bead... its not impossible, just a little un-natural. I also dont like that big beast recoiling so close to my cheek, and i fear getting pinched. But alas, it has not happened yet.
I will be shooting it in this config more and more, and if i decide to, ill swap stocks.

Masakari, beautiful and formidable lookin 590A1!!! I've always wanted to try the Mesa stock adapter... just havent, been usin a Hogue 12" for quite awhile and I've always enjoyed it, never an issue, and though I still have the habit of firin with my thumb across the grip, I've only smacked the bridge of my nose once! :lol:

Looks like Hornady Critical Defense loaded up the side saddle? Black hull, high brass and slightly shorter than a regular 2 3/4" shell. I say its Hornady CD with versatite. Its a pretty good load! ;)

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Great lookin 590 masakari!

Glad to see you join up. Be sure to stop by the new member subforum and introduce yourself to the crowd...

Yes sir, Hornady CD it is. And i forgot to mention:
Wolff XP mag spring
GG&G follower
Brownells enhanced safety

Thanks guys, i love it too... so mich that i want to buy one in 18.5" with ghost rings!
I swear ill post an intro in a few hours, right now im beat and must sleep.

Good deal man, cant have too many firearms I dont think! I want an 18 1/2" also, just to be able to put an 835 field barrel on it! ;)

We'll be lookin for ya in the new member section!!! :D

Made some changes today since my tax stamp came in yesterday!!! Started off at the lathe cutting my barrel off to 15.125 :twisted:
jrtaRVnF3rLi0.jpg

Then some crowning work and new bead placement.

jB6DTtdyoMD0f.jpg

Finally off to the mill to do some engraving to make the FEDs happy
jbdJK2NFtKmTEQ.jpg

Final product with added Mesa tactical sure shell carrier and New hotness Surefire 323LM
i6cz4SJcqhfMO.jpg

Hotness is right brother, she's beautiful!!!

...I freakin love YOUR a1...

Holy New Hotness is right!!! Love it man!

wheres my "like" button... Dan, wheres my like button?

I love it! Looks just like the class III pics in the 2011 catalog. Now I know why the mag tube is the length it is on the models with 18 1/2" long barrels. It works perfectly with the class III barrel length. Let us know if it shoots much differently with the shorter barrel.

Thank ls guys I really love the set up. It balances really nice. I thought that my tax stamp was approved last month. So I was going to send it to Vang. But I received an error letter from the ATF. Now that it is final I can now send my barrel to Vang! After my next pay check. I did do the final touches today at work with the install of a XS big dot sight. I had to mill out the bead pocket to make it work since the mossberg bead has the nut on the bottom. Here are some pics from today.
Pre install pic
jb0XeZRNgUuK2T.jpg

Front sight after some milling so it would fit on the factory bead, also had to sand the finish off the sight and barrel for a good fit
j0sF6qkB5YNVq.jpg

Finally slapped on some lock tite black max 380 adhesive and placed a cant twist clamp and let it sit for a few hours.
jLJln1dfRjkdR.jpg

Finally a tribute to Rossignol.... A picture of my work box
jBDMtpvETvkBz.jpg

:lol: Nice man, real nice work!

Back