• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

I just got my 590 A1 in July and so far have added the CDM MTR w/TLR-1s light and M1 Garand sling from the CMP. This is an excellent site for info and everyone is really helpful. Not many sites like this .

Larry

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0070.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0070.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 738
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG0073.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0073.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 738

That's a great looking weapon you have there Sir!

Thanks for sharing your impression of the site. We're very proud of our growing community and are happy to have you on board...

Lazy Eyed Sniper:
Thanks for the compliment and the welcome to this enjoyable site.

Yes Sir,

Looking forward to reading more about your future exploits with the A1...

Seabee, that's beautiful man! Welcome to MO and thanks for your service brother! I have a friend at work who returned from deployment with the Seabees completing his enlistment mid last year!

Hey Ross:
What battalion was your buddy in? I retired in 1992 from the Bee's, not that old but I was on active duty in the last century! RVN era Seabee.
Leaving this Sunday for a month in NE Georgia in the mountains and Going to give the 590 a real workout along with a new Mini 14. Need to sight in the scope on it. :mrgreen:

Yes, thank you for your service Sir!

My grandad was a Seabee in the South Pacific during WWII...

Ill ask him today! I know he reported to Florida if that means anything, def with the east coast guys.

L.E.S.
The Seabees were formed in 1942 and a lot of them were assigned to duty in the South Pacific in support of the USMC and Army Air Corp, building air bases on many islands.Those original Seabees performed unbelievable feats of accomplishment. They really set the bar high for any Seabees that followed and they certainly have my respect for what they were able to do.

Ross:
Your buddy wasn't by chance in NMCB14(Naval Mobile Construction Battalion) which was my Reserve Battalion, which is based in NAS JAX. Drilled there for a lot of years after returning from active duty.

I forgot to ask!!!! Darnit...

I thought about it several times. He's a reservist now out of jacksonville, so maybe! I know that's where he goes for drills!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yes, thank you for your service Sir!

My grandad was a Seabee in the South Pacific during WWII...

Mine as well, Guam and possibly other places but that is the only place he talked about.

That's awesome Mike!

I was pretty young when he passed, so I never really got a chance to talk with him about it. Never really new about it until later in life...

His brother was a diver that helped clear underwater mines so the boats could pass.

Neither talked about it much.

Several years ago I bough my grandfathers house and found out that he would spend hours talking to my neighbor, a Vietnam vet about his experiences. There are somethings that you can only talk about with people who have lived through the same hell.

Understood,

My Pop is a retired Ranger Capt. He's talked to me about tours in Vietnam on only two occasions that I can remember...

Well...I have read all 33 pages, taken my pix...so I figured I should introduce myself. 590, Meprolight tritium bead, Speedfeed S-LOP stock, cheap light (to be replaced next week with a Coast TX40) a Spec-Ops sling (that I just cannot decide if I like). Rail for glass I do not have...and not sure if I want/need.

Hmm tried to upload my pic, but it tells me board attachment quota reached.

Thought I liked mine and was keeping it simple...until I saw the gorgeous (do I loose my mancard for using that word?) furniture on Blacksmith's 590.

Ross brought me here from Facebook...months ago. Thought I would lurk to get the lay of the land. Have to say, unlike many other forums, this is a nice, informative place to be. 33 pages and virtually no egomaniacs?? :p How cool is that!

Good to see you here! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

You may have to upload pics to say FB or photobucket, etc. Then you can paste the image url here. ;)

Photobucket...lol...why didn't I think of that?

P1012171a.jpg

Good lookin boomstick Sir!

Is that an SOE rig you've got there?

Thank you and Yes, Sir.
Top quality from a good company! (Yes, I admit to being biased, as they are a supporter of Team Ranstad)

Good deal,

We've got a few others around here that swear by their SOE gear as well...

Back