• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

It's definitely lighter than my 590. Had they have had one in stock I might have saved the 100.00 bucks and got that instead. He got a really good deal on it.

Mossberg590.jpg

Mossberg 590sp.

6rd side saddle, extended steel safety and a streamlight polytac (with extra spring added).
Shortened stock with about 1".

Might get a meprolight front sight blade, but other than that I won't do anything else to it.

Loolks great Southpaw! Thanks for sharing. What light mount are you using?

L&M, I believe it is. Quite good, though I would've gone with the cdm, but couldn't get one over here at a reasonable price. The flashlight should've gone more to the front to avoid shadows from the barrel and mag, but I wanted it behind the bayonet lug to be able to remove the barrel easily.

Good lookin 590 Southpaw! I have the CDM clamp and its sweet, but I have it mounted in the same place as yours and havent tested it with a light yet, so that bit of info about the shadows will be handy! Thanks!!!

Shadow.jpg

There you go, the shadow cast by muzzle and mag tube on the left.

Might as well update my pic even though I already did on the heat shield thread. I still have one more item on order.

I am starting to waiver on the light. I want one, but it is the placement that is troubling me. But more on that another time.

2011-08-10185253.jpg

Man, it looks great! I go back and forth on the light too sometimes. I dont know how much barrel shadow there will be... but I havent tried it yet, so who knows, it may be ok!

Rossignol said:
Man, it looks great! I go back and forth on the light too sometimes. I dont know how much barrel shadow there will be... but I havent tried it yet, so who knows, it may be ok!

I figure mine will be significant given that I bought the tri-rail for that kind of mounting. I would have to re-think the placement to overcome that I think. or go with one on each side! :lol:

Oooh Yeah! Do each side!

I forsee the newest tacti-cool picture coming up! :lol: Why not put it on the bottom? I'm sure you'd have shadow issues as well, but it'd be above your target so long as you were aiming center mass.

DaveinCT said:
Thanks Brad and LAZY, always appreciate your input!!

Here is an updated pic with bayonet and new Bushnell shotgun ACOG like the one you use to use I believe Brad. This thing is a beast in function and the downside she is heavy...

Notice in the pic fellas, my side saddle is backwards. I found that out Saturday at the range. You can the the 45 degree angle on the front of the saddle, it should have been flip around. First pull of the trigger and that saddle embedded itself in my upper lip!!! :shock: OUCH!!!!!!! My buddy gave it to me at the gun store and I never put much thought into installing it obviously.. :roll:

Oh Holy Crap! I hadnt noticed it either!

Rossignol said:
Oh Holy Crap! I hadnt noticed it either!

Brad, I filled a white T-Shirt with blood, good gash. Glad it was me and not my son behind it. Feeling better already but it felt like I got punched in the lip/nose Yesterday..

Dang dude, sorry to hear that, but youre right, I'd take that hit anyday rather than one of the youngins!

2011-09-01192758.jpg

I couldn't resist this any longer. I had to have one zombie killing item. Now I am ready.

Dude, I think its sweet, and everyone needs a zombie gun!!!

Are thos Remington buckshot on the side saddle?

Rossignol said:
Dude, I think its sweet, and everyone needs a zombie gun!!!

Are thos Remington buckshot on the side saddle?

Yup, I have around a hundred rounds of the buck and the same in slugs. I try to swing into Wally World once a week and buy a 15 pack. Adds up before you know it, and it doesn't hit as hard as bulk buys.

Back