• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!! Shes a beauty and looks to be the same model as mine! 51660?

Yeah, I'm goin with that! 20" barrel, 8 round magazine, parkerized finish, bead sight, and standard LOP factory stock. Thats the 51660!

And a bandolier full of Remington, and the shell cuff looks to be Federal. The red looks the same anyway, unlike other red shells which appear almost orange in pics. The Federal looks almost purple...

Looks great!!! You get a chance, stop by the new member area and say hello!!!

Thanks man! And yes it is the 51660. Like the ghost ring sights on some of the other models, but pulled my cheek up too high on the stock so I wasn't diggin it. You also hit it with the shells as well. Rem Slugs on the bandolier with #4 buck Federal on the cuff! Thinking I'm done with it too. Like to keep the HD simple. Not too mention the bayonet... What's a shotgun without a bayonet right? haha Thanks for the welcoming!

Congrats on the new 590a1 !!

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590A1! Any plans for it?

I think I like the way it is right now for HD, keep it simple. I do plan on throwing these 500 rounds I bought down range next weekend though! Only put 100 rounds of birdshot through it thus far. Got tons of 00 Buck, #4, slugs, and 1 buck to shoot and I am super pumped to hit the farm!

Love 2Lift said:
Thinking I'm done with it too. Like to keep the HD simple.
As I have learned from around here...you are never "done" with it. I give you 6 months before you say you are adding something. ;)

I love the simple look as well, However I always find something to add to them. Limbsaver pad, new foregrip, different butstock, I could go on and on. And if I had the money , I would too! :lol:

congrats on your badass looking mossy.

Rossignol said:
For some reason I cant get TruGlos site to load pages I click on..

Are you on your phone or are you using your computer with internet explorer? I use firefox on my computer and have an android phone . I have no problem opening it up on both....

ripjack13 said:
As I have learned from around here...you are never "done" with it. I give you 6 months before you say you are adding somethi

Yeah... I know... I am trying to tell myself I have other needs than just buying accessories. Maybe bc I just dropped so much coin on ammo to shoot next weekend I can's justify it quite yet! I guess time will tell!

ripjack13 said:
Rossignol said:
For some reason I cant get TruGlos site to load pages I click on..

Are you on your phone or are you using your computer with internet explorer? I use firefox on my computer and have an android phone . I have no problem opening it up on both....

On my computer. Its weird sometimes.

It works today!

I like this one and would like to try it, but I have zero clue how it installs.
TruGlo, TFO
TG131SG.jpg

These are far easier and less expensive with a lower profile!
TruGlo, Home Defnse Fiber Optic
TG92HA.jpg

I'm interested in that first tritium/f.o. sight... I think the picture on the website shows it on a mossberg. I have no clue on the install either but I like it. Not for $107 damn dollars though!

JWaldz said:
I'm interested in that first tritium/f.o. sight... I think the picture on the website shows it on a mossberg. I have no clue on the install either but I like it. Not for $107 damn dollars though!

Yup, its expensive, and I really really like it but for me it comes down to the install. Id rather not have something permanent, at least not on my 590A1. I have that the way I like it! The Meprolight is great and a third of the cost!

Rossignol said:
JWaldz said:

Yup, its expensive, and I really really like it but for me it comes down to the install. Id rather not have something permanent, at least not on my 590A1. I have that the way I like it! The Meprolight is great and a third of the cost!

I actually think I found one I like a little better.. it's the tru glow starbrite deluxe.

TG954AR.jpg

Re: Mossberg ATS Sight

I called TruGlo yesterday and asked about the TFO, which looks to be an awesome sight! I was curious about the installation and how permanent it is.

The tech I spoke with said that 6/48 screws are provided, meaning the barrel has to be tapped for the screws, utilizing the hole for the 5/40 bead. He said if you can use a 5/40 up front if you can find a screw to fit. That would prevent your factory bead being useless if you should ever want to switch back. Regardless, a new hole needs to be tapped in the barrel for the rear screw.

My take;
I dont like doing things that are permanent like that should I ever want to trade or sell the firearm. I'd want to put it back as factory as possible. If I could do it and use the factory tapped 5/40 hole for the bead, I would consider it. That or buy a new 6/48 bead sight I supose...

6194215402_9d47989a16.jpg

Hello all, my 1st post.

Here's my new 50668/590 Special. I just added the heat shield today. Box says the 590 is blued, but the barrel seems park'd, and it doesn't match the blued heat shield. Anyway, looks damn sexy, even if the drapes don't match...

easy-v

Awesome! The GRS 590 is an all-business defense shotgun. I hope you'll partipate here often, and welcome to the forum! Check out all of our sub-forums. There's a lot to hold your interest(s).

Welcome to Mosssberg Owners and thanks for jumpin in with the pic!!! Youre right, it is def a good lookin gun!

There is what they call "matte blue" which I believe is what yours is! It looks very similar to parkerizing.

Thanks guys, for the welcome. matte blue, makes sense....

Heres a few of mine the mag tube looks black or dark park, in low low light. In bright light or sunlight it has the greenish tint. It reminds me of the M1 Garand Park finishes. The reciever looks black the barrel is dark park, and the mag tube is green, tri color, from the factory. And folks thought that two tone guns were cool... ;) The crappy picture on the white towels was before I cut the stock down. I put 100 mph tape on the rubber pad, to keep it from snagging my clothes.
M590A1002.jpg

boysaksksm590a1015.jpg

boysaksksm590a1014.jpg

034-2.jpg

Good company, to keep. The Barrett is not mine, but I did get to hold/shoot it for awhile. Fun gun, but has an expensive appetite. I would rather have a .338 Lapua bolt gun, they too are hi dollar eaters. I built the AR for my wife, and thats her 3.5" 1911. The only thing that is mine in this picture is th 590A1. Since this is a 590 thread, thats all that counts right.........
Guns.jpg

Back