• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Thanks, Rossignol! I think the models with the Parkerized finish aren't out there as much any more. Most of the models I see in the shops now are just a matte finish. As for the HiViz, it's a big help for me as I'm right handed with left eye dominance. Clears that right up! :D

Kent

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum leonmich and Topgear !!

Great lookin' firearms everyone !!

Thought I'd add my A1 to the mix. This is a very comfortable Shotgun. I really like how Mossberg rotated the pistol grip mount to put the grip in a more vertical position than the standard fit on a AR-15.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 430

Curly, its a great lookin gun! Thanks for postin it up!

robtech87 said:
picking my 590 up in 10 days...cant wait!

California? Pretty exciting isnt it!!!

yea california...yea did a ton of research on what i wanted (was between the 870 remington and this)...up until now it's always been my friends/parents guns im shooting(some moss 500s, 870, the ocasional side by side), cant wait to start my own collection...20", 8+1, factory GRS...nothin fancy planned...just a sling, side saddle, and a light

Keep us posted.

Lookin forward to some pics once you get it in your hands...

You know, it was the same for me!

I had been deciding between the 870 (express tactical) and the 590 (A1). At the time, there was no "Mossberg Owners". There wasnt anything. I had no reviews or comparisons to check out. Just made some educated guesses and now have what I consider to be among the best shotguns ever made.

So, now we share as much info as we can, some bad, and mostly good.

I'm updating things a bit and decided to try out a cheap red dot to see how I like it on a shotgun. I love it on my AR-15 as I'm right handed, left eye dominant. It makes leaving both eyes open easy now. Hopefully I can get some range time soon to try it out.

I've also found my butt pad seems to be getting harder (or I'm getting softer in my old age). Hard to believe I've had this gun for over 12 years now! Can anyone recommend a good replacement butt pad for this old 590? Thanks!

Kent

P1010897.jpg

I tried out a red dot so I could shoot both eyes open too!

Butt pads... there are some folks on here who know more about them than I do, but Limbsaver seems to be pretty highly recommended, but Pachmayr also is a good one.

I personally really like Hogue stocks. The butt pads on those are awesome!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Rossignol, did you ditch the red dot after trying it?

Kent

Topgear,

I still have it, though I'm becoming less and less enamoured with it as time goes by. Its a godd sight, and if it were on a rifle, something with less recoil than a 12 ga. full powered slug, the cheek weld wouldnt be an issue. But in my case, I have to hold my face too high off the comb to shoot comfortably, so it doesnt see alot of use these days.

I may even sell it. I do like it... and it hold up to recoil. I need something lower profile though.

I'd be interested to see what kind of setup you're running. I had some concerns about that as well, but my standard grip and cheek weld put the dot in a perfect place for me. Maybe you need a stock like the one I have on my 500. It has a raised comb that can be swapped out for a standard height comb. I guess I should take this conversation to a different thread. ;) Thanks for the info!

Kent

TG,

Heres what I have. Its currently on my 500 and zero'd at 50 yards for slugs. It does a real nice job up close with 00 buck too!

Shotgun Holographic/Red Dot Sights

Click the link above. It will take you to a thread on here and you can post what ever questions you have and see what some other folks are using too!

I don't have a pix - but I have a swell Marinecoat 590 with the brand new Specops Gen II
recoil suppression stock . It is just now being shipped to distributors and hopefully will be an improvement to the orig. one .
I had the Gen I and it would slap my cheek so hard I just couldn't use it .....

Those heat shields look pretty neat too , can anyone recommend a good source for them ? Thanks

Back