• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: This is my M590A1, There are many like it...

About the Meprolight, It LOOKs like its taller, I was just wondering if anyone may have one they could measure.

Vit, that thing is beautiful!

I have the Meprolight bead, but not the rifle sight blade... I couldnt say. Though It seems like a similar question came up once before, and I dont believe the blade was tall enough to use above the rail.

Did you have a sight in mind for the rail?

Rossignol said:
Vit, that thing is beautiful!

I have the Meprolight bead, but not the rifle sight blade... I couldnt say. Though It seems like a similar question came up once before, and I dont believe the blade was tall enough to use above the rail.

Did you have a sight in mind for the rail?

Not really, There is a groove though, I figured if I could get the front sight up it may be good enough.
Thank you.

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

I'm def in favor of the barrel clamp!

Just received my Messa Tactical Buffer tube and adapter. I decided I wasn't a fan of the full plastic tube. So this was my solution. The tube is "Mil Spec" so it will fit the butt stock of your choice, pretty much. I chose the Magpul CTR and the Ergo grip for the pistol Grip. The install was easy and all the parts fit perfectly. The Surefire pump had a shorter tac light so I didn't have to remove the bayonet lug. All I have left to do is find the right night sight, get the barrel Magna Ported and this project will be done.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.png
    IMG_0393.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 344

DROOL!!!

Youre gonna have to send that to me so I can look it over and make sure you got it all together right.

If I were ever gonna do an M4/AR styled stock, thats the one I'd go with. I havent figured out how to get one for free, so I defer to my first comment here; Youre gonna have to send that to me. Pronto. :D

Re: New Member and New to me M590A1

Rossignol said:
I wonder if the lug was removed to make it legal somewhere? Is the bayonet lug legal in California?

I dont' see any mention of bayonet lugs being illegal in the usual sources... although it may be illegal to take a bayonet out of the house, as the blade is longer then 3" and it doesn't fold.

I am, however, not a lawyer.

BFG, thats the only thing I can think of also as far as legality goes.

In some cases having the lug (and therefore the ability to mount a bayonet) brands the firearm an assault weapon. This is also why post ban firearms (M4's/AR's) couldnt be sold with a bayonet lug, or thats my understanding.

I could be wrong.

I just realized, my own Mossberg 590 has a bayonet lug... and I purchased it at a legal gun shop in california less then a year ago.

I also cannot imagine why someone would pull the barrel support off the gun posted earlier...

BigFatGuy said:
I also cannot imagine why someone would pull the barrel support off the gun posted earlier...

I have heard of only two other instances of the lug/support breaking off. Once of its own accord, it broke at the solder. The second broke at the solder also, but after having some aftermarket work done in the way of soldering on a pedestal sight base very close to the forward most support. The one that actually holds the barrel to the gun.

Here is shot of my new baby.

590a1011.jpg

Nice set-up Doc!

What red dot do you have mounted up there?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice set-up Doc!

What red dot do you have mounted up there?

Agreed! I'm lovin it man!

That sight almost looks like a Burris in front of the GRS?

I'm sure it's a clone. It is from Primary Arms. Here is a few better pics.

590a1018.jpg

590a1017.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments. I do like it lot. I am very lucky and have the best wife ever. She bought it for me for christmas. I mentioned when she ordered it at our LGS (ARIES in S Florida) sorry love them, that I wanted this stock. She had them order it for me at the same time as a surprise. I know I mentioned it in another post but in addition to that she bought me my new STI Shadow in Jan when she was in Texas on business. There is just no way you can find a better wife. Here is a pic of them together along with her STI Elektra.

590a1027.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! :shock:

I've heard good things about Primary Arms...

Ooooh! Those are sweet!, Yeah man, that woman is a keeper!

Oli has the Primary Arms too and loves it!

Can't beat the price, so I thought I'd give it a try. Has held it's zero so far. I'll let you know as I get more rounds thru her how it does.

Back