• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

info on bantam wood stock

slackjaw

Copper BB
Hello,

I have a 12 ga 500 serial # K147XXX. It has one of the folding plastic stock and foreends.

I want to change it to the Bantam wood stock with a ribbed wood foreend.

I would be greatful for anyone who could tell me where to purchase these parts based on what my serial # says about my guns configuration.

Also would trade the folding stock, foreend and pistol grip for the wood parts and the stock screw.

Thanks!

I believe the only way to get information from your serial number is to Call or Email O.F. Mossberg & Sons. As far as the wooden stock and forend... Brownells, Midwayusa, Numrich's... Just take a look around the internet and try a google search or two. I see stuff on Amazon and Ebay frequently as well, but the Ribbed Wooden forend is a little scarce and if in good condition can fetch a hefty penny!

slackjaw said:
Hello,

I have a 12 ga 500 serial # K147XXX. It has one of the folding plastic stock and foreends.

I want to change it to the Bantam wood stock with a ribbed wood foreend.

I would be greatful for anyone who could tell me where to purchase these parts based on what my serial # says about my guns configuration.

Also would trade the folding stock, foreend and pistol grip for the wood parts and the stock screw.

Thanks!

hello slackjaw and welcome to the club from NY.
looks like you have a mid to late 1980's 500A(an educated guess from your ser#) like Rick said you can contact mossberg for the exact born date.
Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

as far as the wood stock goes,,,,,shop around......forend,,,,,you will need to remove and measure which one you have.

you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

http://havlinsales.com/ click "web sales"

Here is one of those bantam stocks on my 1970/80s Mossberg 500 12ga.

By ribbed forend, do you mean the corncob style? That will be harder to find. Havlin has a 20ga one for sale, but I don't know what kind of modifications it would take to fit it to a 12ga action slide tube.

,,,,,,20ga corn cob won't work. too much wood to take off inside to fit 12ga. :cry:

I was gonna suggest Havlin. Got my 20g corn cob from them, but don't know if they may have 12g available as well. But it dosent hurt to call and ask them.

made my own,,,,,,was 14 and a bit,,,,now 13",,,,

Attachments

• cut 2.JPG
    cut 2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 351
Back