• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Installing a glue on XS sight to a Mossberg 930 barrel.

I'm pretty sure those are meant to be brazed on, but I really expected that the JB weld would've held it. Sorry that it didn't work out.

These sights require Remington factory size front bead for installation. The sights will work with a .125 - .140 diameter bead. If your shotgun is not equipped with this size bead one will have to be installed.. - Order Brownells #6 or #26 front bead. Conversion bead for Mossberg shotguns included in kit.

Features:

• Easy Installation.
  • Epoxies over the existing front bead sight.
  • Trijicon® Tritium vials.

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=993616&CAT=8265

I did end up locating the lost sight. I really do not see much glue on the sight. I wonder if too much got pressed out when I clamped it. Still debating on what my next step will be. I am curious to determine the cause of the failure but given the result I'm not sure this sight is the answer to my problem.

XSSight_004_zpsdawfrs1g.jpg

I did end up locating the lost sight. I really do not see much glue on the sight. I wonder if too much got pressed out when I clamped it. Still debating on what my next step will be. I am curious to determine the cause of the failure but given the result I'm not sure this sight is the answer to my problem.
good job bro, why not just use what they recommend.......not sure what it is but I don't think its JB is it ?

good job bro, why not just use what they recommend.......not sure what it is but I don't think its JB is it ?

They actually do recommend JB Weld.

I strayed by not having a secure bead for it too attach to. It is supposed to be glued to the bead, not just the barrel itself.

They actually do recommend JB Weld.

I strayed by not having a secure bead for it too attach to. It is supposed to be glued to the bead, not just the barrel itself.

They say to use a Remington bead I think, yes? Or there's a Remington bead with Mossberg threads I think. But you have the added issue of drilling and tapping farther back on the barrel I you go that route. Is that a fair analysis?

thanks for sharing Mike, you saved others the trouble of wondering , bead no question.......don't know why that escaped me through your story

Back