• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

iPhone or Android?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Time to upgrade the phone again. I've never been an Apple guy (In fact I am quite anti-Apple) but I can find better deals on iPhone 5's than I can the Samsung Galaxy S4/5 right now. My current phone the SII is almost to big to carry around so I'm not really looking for anything bigger.

The only thing I really use the phone for is as a phone, email, texting and accessing web forums. Aside from a flashlight app I really don't have anything else installed on my SII right now.

I know the Android platform so what are some pros/con's of the iPhone?

Android all the way. Get the Samsung Note4 you want be disappointed. I'll never go back to apple. The s5 was free on Friday last week. Along with the Ellipsis8 tablet. I got the tablet and couldn't be happier.

OM I would actually love to go back to my old flip phone. The actual phone part of mist smart phones is not anywhere near as clear as my old flip phone. And they don't seem to get anywhere near the signal.

You should hear my grand kids when I pull out the old flip phone.o_O

Honestly either platform is good. iPhone was originally the best hands down, but Android caught up a long time ago. I went iPhone from a Samsung Galaxy SIII just because there are more accesaries for it. Never was able to find a armband that was big enough for the phone and big enough for my arms with the Samsung.

The iPhone will do slow motion video, and I don't think the Samsungs will do that. 5, 5C, & 5S will do 120 frames per second, and the 6 & 6+ will do 240 frames per second. That really helped me diagnose some issues I was having with my shotgun.

I would not be surprised at all if the Samsung phones got slow motion video in the update though.

I just got the S5 on Saturday.

It's been amazing so far. Was running the original Galaxy S for about six years and it finally had an issue that forced replacement. Never been on the Apple bandwagon myself...

Droid....I can not stand apple....

2-year old S3 here. In fact the whole family got them for BF 2 years ago. All have held out well with the exception being my 13yo dot who has broken her screen (not bad but needs replacing), the USB port is a little loose from constantly being charged (and used) and volume button doesn't go "down" but can be adjusted down onscreen. A new smartphone is what she wants for Christmas but I don't know...maybe I'LL get a new S4 or S5 and give her my S3 which is still like-new... But don't tell her that! ;)

I am an android guy 1000000% More user friendly & more features apps for your money..... I have the S4 & love it

I go through this every time I need an upgrade. Most of my family has drank the iPhone KoolAid and keep pressuring me to switch.

I have liked my SII but it's a PITA to find cases and accessories because the droid specs change every release and every model. The S5 is just too big of a phone. I actually want a small screen, I don't want to carry a tablet with me everywhere.

My biggest complaint about Apple is the closed architecture and you must have proprietary cables, accounts, etc to do anything.

Outside of Samsung does anyone have a recommendation for a decent droid phone? I heard the LG GT3 is good but I have not had great luck with LG products in the past.

Anyone use the Windows Phone? I hard there are limited apps for it.

Forgot to mention the other reason I like the iPhone. The find my iPhone app that comes pre installed. having a teenage daughter, I really like this. Since I know her password, I can go onto my phone, and use the find my iPhone app to know were she is. She can't lie to me about being somewhere she isn't.

Phone companies suck!!!!

Going with the S5, still just can't seem to bring myself to go Apple.

I've been running my iPhone 4s for 3+ years now. Don't use it for much other than phone, browsing websites, streaming music. All those extra apps doesn't interest me much. Taking a picture on my phone and having it automatically load on to my mac is pretty cool too.

Mac Pro I use to cut movies. Makes it so much easier, faster, and better quality than what I used for my PC.

I'm on a 5s in a Lifeproof cover - pretty hooked as well. Can't say i know a lot about the competition except for reading and store fondling working models. i don't feel the need to look FWIW!!

I heard several people complain about the LG g3 so much that most of them got returned! I got the g5 because of its water resistant capabilities.

Phone companies suck!!!!

Going with the S5, still just can't seem to bring myself to go Apple.

I think you'll be happy with it.

My biggest apprehension was the size, but I've been carrying it around since Saturday and I'm already used to it. Doesn't matter how big they get I still manage to put it down somewhere in the house and forget where I left it. Go figure...

I have a Kyocera brigadier, very tough phone, dust, water and shock proof.
Previosly i had a casio gzone, was awesome, but they stopped making it.
I had a 1 phone for 10 minutes before i broke the screen, that was it for me with apple.
Cheers

Back