• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

IRS targeting conservative groups

"Secure Firearms Act":
http://www.nssf.org/newsroom/releases/s ... &path=2013

The Secure Firearms Act will provide up to a $1,200 federal income tax deduction for the purchase of a gun safe, or other safety devices, through Dec. 21, 2014. The act would also prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from using tax deduction claims to produce any kind of gun ownership registration.
And since the IRS has just proven how law-abiding and trustworthy they are, I'm definitely going to add my name to their gun registry list by claiming this deduction. NOT!

Very sad when there is this much open distrust of the Gov't.

And even moreso because they give us so much reason to.

John A. said:
Very sad when there is this much open distrust of the Gov't.

And even moreso because they give us so much reason to.

Trust is fragile. Once lost it's nearly impossible to regain it. Something this administration has yet to learn.

The trust is long gone Gunny. I don't think they care if we trust them.

The first sacrificial head rolled today. Obama fired the acting head of the IRS. Nice of him to put down the evil IRS practice after it helped get him reelected.

President Obama has announced the ouster of Steven Miller, the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, as the administration is embroiled in controversy for targeting conservative and tea-party groups.

“Today, Secretary [Jacob] Lew took the first step by requesting and accepting the resignation of the acting commissioner of the IRS, because given the controversy surrounding this audit, it’s important to institute new leadership that can help restore confidence going forward,” Obama said during a Wednesday evening broadcast from the White House.

“I’ve reviewed the Treasury Department watchdog’s report, and the misconduct that it uncovered is inexcusable. It’s inexcusable, and Americans are right to be angry about it, and I am angry about it. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency, but especially in the IRS, given the power that it has and the reach that it has into all of our lives.”

“As I said earlier, it should not matter what political stripe you’re from, the fact of the matter is that the IRS has to operate with absolute integrity.”

“I’ll do everything in my power to make sure nothing like this ever happens again,” the president added.

Not enough.

Why not demand a resignation from everyone in Gov't who has done wrong.

Obama.

Holder.

Clinton.

Just to name a few to start with and let it snowball from there.

And yes, I know that Clinton no longer holds that office, but that was never brought up when she did.

Most of Congress would be gone...not a bad start...

And I would not claim a gun safe even if I bought one....do they think we are all stupid? They had better not under estimate us...

What's funny is that Congress and the President have such crappy approval ratings but keep their jobs. No one seems to like Congress but they keep sending the same losers back again and again. Clean em' out and bring in term limits. Oh yeah, correct the pay and benefits of the career workers that aren't elected.

Arrogance defined: Eric Holder telling Rep. Issa that his behavior is shameful.

I have to ask, shameful for daring to question the great AG?

Another:
When Rep. Paul Labrador, R-Idaho, suggested the administration’s negative attitude toward Congress might have contributed to the IRS targeting conservatives, Holder took it personally. He shot back, “I’m not the cause of people in the IRS doing things that might have been illegal. I am not taking – I will not take that.”

I ask, where does the buck stop with anyone in this admin? It's almost childish..."not me"

You'd think that they'd have realized by now that when a giant bureaucracy starts beating up on the little guys, the public is going to side with the little guy. This is not a new phenomenon. We always side with the underdog/victim in cases like this, and it always comes back to bite the bureaucracy on the ass. Been that way for at least a couple hundred years, and it's always a political nightmare for whoever is in charge.

Sometimes, it even brings out the guillotines.

The rats are jumping ship! :twisted:

WASHINGTON – As second top Internal Revenue Service official has announced plans to leave the agency amid the controversy over the targeting of tea party groups.

An internal IRS memo says Joseph Grant, commissioner of the agency's tax exempt and government entities division, will retire June 3. Grant joins Steven Miller, who was forced to resign as acting IRS commissioner on Wednesday.

As part of his duties, Grant oversaw the IRS division that targeted tea party groups for additional scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status.

Grant joined the IRS in 2005.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05 ... z2TUai0kvf

IRS wanted to know the content of members prayers?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJ9inNxK7w[/youtube]

A lot of people are hoping that a direct link to the Pres comes to light on this (I'm one of them), but I doubt there will be. He's too insulated. Over the past 4 years or so he's worked to establish an environment which encourages people to engage in the kinds of things that promote his ideology and agenda. He doesn't need to directly involve himself at all. Very much the same strategy and tactics employed by Al Queda and other terrorist groups. A terrorist cell doesn't need specific direction to carry out an attack. Nor does an Obama supporter need specific direction to carry out a political attack. The policy was set nearly 5 years ago - "Fundamentally Change America" - take it from there.

In military terms, this is known as "Commanders intent".

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." G. Patton

Today the WH press secretary announced that high up administration officials knew of the IRS affair in April but no one told Barack. He found out later from the media. That would make him one of the last people in the country to know about it since I'm sure he isn't watching Fox News. Are they really going to go with that scenario? I guess that's the better option than saying he used a powerful government agency to squash his political opponents.

The White House first learned of a draft report detailing abuses by IRS officials in targeting conservative groups in late April, though the top administration spokesman maintained on Monday that President Barack Obama was not notified of the emerging controversy at that time.

White House press secretary Jay Carney, in a bid to further the administration's public response to revelations that the IRS had singled out conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status for additional scrutiny, disclosed at his daily press briefing that White House counsel Kathy Ruemmler was informed of the report on April 24. She, in turn, told senior White House staff -- including chief of staff Denis McDonough -- of the then-incomplete report, though Carney said those details were never conveyed to Obama.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is asked about reports that the IRS was targeting political groups nearly 18 months ago.

“To be clear, we knew the subject of the investigation and we knew of the nature of some of the potential findings, but we did not have a copy of the draft report,” said Carney. “We did not know the details, the scope or the motivation surrounding the misconduct, and we did not know who was responsible.”

The new details first offered by Carney come amid growing Republican clamor for more information about who in the White House found out about the IRS investigation, and when. The GOP has sought to cast the administration as either less-than-forthcoming about its knowledge of the investigation, or inept in keeping tabs on such a high-profile investigation.

The press secretary sought to characterize the administration's handling of the information as fairly routine. Carney said that the White House is typically notified of similar inspectors general drafts shortly before publication, and that the details of these reports can often change before publication. Moreover, Carney argued, the abuses at the IRS had ended about a year earlier, meaning that there was no way for the president to act to halt continued misconduct at the IRS.

carbinemike said:
Today the WH press secretary announced that high up administration officials knew of the IRS affair in April but no one told Barack. He found out later from the media. That would make him one of the last people in the country to know about it since I'm sure he isn't watching Fox News. Are they really going to go with that scenario? I guess that's the better option than saying he used a powerful government agency to squash his political opponents.

The White House first learned of a draft report detailing abuses by IRS officials in targeting conservative groups in late April, though the top administration spokesman maintained on Monday that President Barack Obama was not notified of the emerging controversy at that time.

White House press secretary Jay Carney, in a bid to further the administration's public response to revelations that the IRS had singled out conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status for additional scrutiny, disclosed at his daily press briefing that White House counsel Kathy Ruemmler was informed of the report on April 24. She, in turn, told senior White House staff -- including chief of staff Denis McDonough -- of the then-incomplete report, though Carney said those details were never conveyed to Obama.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is asked about reports that the IRS was targeting political groups nearly 18 months ago.

“To be clear, we knew the subject of the investigation and we knew of the nature of some of the potential findings, but we did not have a copy of the draft report,” said Carney. “We did not know the details, the scope or the motivation surrounding the misconduct, and we did not know who was responsible.”

The new details first offered by Carney come amid growing Republican clamor for more information about who in the White House found out about the IRS investigation, and when. The GOP has sought to cast the administration as either less-than-forthcoming about its knowledge of the investigation, or inept in keeping tabs on such a high-profile investigation.

The press secretary sought to characterize the administration's handling of the information as fairly routine. Carney said that the White House is typically notified of similar inspectors general drafts shortly before publication, and that the details of these reports can often change before publication. Moreover, Carney argued, the abuses at the IRS had ended about a year earlier, meaning that there was no way for the president to act to halt continued misconduct at the IRS.

The boss must have "plausible deny-ability". This means that a flunkie never creates a paper (or electronic ) trail to the boss about anything that might get the boss in trouble.

GunnyGene said:
The boss must have "plausible deny-ability". This means that a flunkie never creates a paper (or electronic ) trail to the boss about anything that might get the boss in trouble.
I understand about plausible deniability but then that option makes him look like an aloof, out of the loop dumbass that finds out bad news from the media.

carbinemike said:
GunnyGene said:
I understand about plausible deniability but then that option makes him look like an aloof, out of the loop dumbass.

True. But that's not grounds for impeachment. :mrgreen:

GunnyGene said:
True. But that's not grounds for impeachment.
John A. said:
That is clearly no confidence though.

He may not be impeached for the IRS-BS but he seems to be fast tracking to lame duck status and mid term congressional losses. Neither of which bother me. Since he was reelected my preference is to see him kicked out of office in disgrace which makes me wonder if he'd leave peacefully...but that's another thread for another day.

The claims of rogue low level agents pulling the tea party harassment is quickly falling apart:
http://www.fox19.com/story/22380127...cincinnati-agent-giving-orders-in-irs-scandal

The Tea Party held a protest at the Ohio IRS office that spear headed the harassment. No local law enforcement to keep an eye on things...it was all DHS.

I like this kid:
617x409xdhs-rally-tp.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sLNQDpFncG.jpg

GunnyGene said:
"I have not done anything wrong," she said. "I have not broken any laws. I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided false information to this or any other congressional committee."

For those that didn't read the rest she followed with pleading the 5th amendment and would not answer any questions. Even the democrats were really pissed off with her. Time to break out the tar and feathers.

Back