• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is this normal, or is there a problem - connector

Malpaso

Copper BB
I just started stripping down my gun in anticipation of adding a Magpul fore-end, and I think something might be wrong with the connector. This is the first time I've taken it down this far, and I'm unfamiliar with it. The top is not flat, and is actually peened over on the right side, and there is a wear spot on that side of the top as well.

Is this ok? Do I need a new part? What might be causing that? Is there another problem (safety?) that needs attention? The gun functioned fine last Sunday before I dis-assembled it.

I'm used to dealing with revolvers, and a part looking like that gets me pretty squirrely.

DSC_0001_zps98add9cd.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsfa10114d.jpg

Nope... all is well, the safety connect is designed with a beveled edge... allows the safety switch to ride into place, and you'd certainly get a little wear from the safety contacting at that point.

What he said ^.

The safety bar on Mossbergs do look odd; it raises questions with a lot of folks. The angle cut is normal; they are made that way. Mossberg machines these bars - this gives them a consistent quality part in ways that casting cannot. What looks like peening is plastic deformation from the machine work. It does affect anything.

Like they said,,,,looks ok.

,,,,,and welcome to the forum from NY.

Back