• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just bought a new 930 SPX Tactical, but have a question.

Hotrodbigbod

Copper BB
Hello all! Just recently purchased a new 930 SPX Tactical from a seller on Gunbroker. I picked up the gun from my FFL a few days ago and gave it a quick look over to make sure no damage during shipping or any other issues that I could visually see.

So tonight I was trying to get used to the mechanics of this gun. And I noticed the charging handle was not the same as the pics in the gunbroker listing.

The one that should have come on the gun is knurled and hollow. But the one that came on my gun is not knurled and close ended. I was doing research and it seems that the handle on my gun is the same one on a 940 JM PRO.

Here are the pics of my gun with the incorrect handle and pics of the correct handle off the Mossberg website.

I contacted the seller and he says he has sold about a 930 SPX’s dozen in the past few weeks and he is not sure why my handle would be different. I replied with pics, so I am waiting to hear his next reply.

I wonder if Mossberg has changed the charging handle on their latest 930 SPX’s to the one on my shotgun.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• F0ECD8D8-201E-4C11-8294-45CC689CF63B.jpeg
    F0ECD8D8-201E-4C11-8294-45CC689CF63B.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 037C2B57-98C9-4D71-8412-52A5E48C0B3A.jpeg
    037C2B57-98C9-4D71-8412-52A5E48C0B3A.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 41529701-0F48-4BA8-8152-4D6D0640AC6F.png
    41529701-0F48-4BA8-8152-4D6D0640AC6F.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 1B1F10C6-D5A8-41D6-A91A-416732B0054B.png
    1B1F10C6-D5A8-41D6-A91A-416732B0054B.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 29
Since you piqued my curiosity, I searched GB and found no handles. At Midway this aftermarket showed up. OOS may be a theme for this item...

I suppose if you look at it, you received an "upgrade" and maybe the smoother texture will better suit you. :) At least they didn't put a standard "spoon" handle although I have never had a problem with one of those. But I don't shoot 3-gun either... ;)

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

930knob.JPG

Looks to be the same size as the old one. Maybe they changed suppliers?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Old school. I heard back from the seller, who's good friend is a Mossberg rep. The seller told me they changed to the handle on my shotgun at the beginning of June. Something about better fit and function. But honestly I like the one on the Mossberg website better. But I'm glad to know there wasn't a swap out, my OCD is now back to zero. lol.

Since you piqued my curiosity, I searched GB and found no handles. At Midway this aftermarket showed up. OOS may be a theme for this item...

I suppose if you look at it, you received an "upgrade" and maybe the smoother texture will better suit you. :) At least they didn't put a standard "spoon" handle although I have never had a problem with one of those. But I don't shoot 3-gun either... ;)

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

View attachment 25439
Thanks Bobster! If I happen to find a diff. handle I like more I'll just go and buy if it's in stock. I'm in no rush, just glad the shotgun as a whole came from Mossberg this way.

I kinda like the one that came on your shotgun.
Thank nitesite. Its starting to grow on me a bit. lol. I feel it could fit better though, its a bit too wiggly for my liking, but it'll do for now.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 930.
Thanks meanstreak!

I kinda like the one you got too.

As for mossberg changing small things, I'm not surprised and it does happen occasionally. Especially in times like these were parts are hard to source anyway. To them, they look at it more as a "we'll substitute a more expensive handle just in order to get more guns out the door" I suppose.

I have worked for companies like that before too. Long as the money still keeps coming in, the world keeps turning another day.

I know it won't do anything for the knurling, but you probably could drill into the knob with a drill bit if you were really OCD about it. But, I'd be content with the knob that's on it myself personally.

I have the GG&G oversized charging handle and it is exactly like a stock SPX oversized charging handle except a bit larger. Plus it is hollow, unlike the OPs new updated one.
+1 for the new updated SPX June design! I like it and may get one if they ever become available.

Back