• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just ordered...!

First shotgun - 930 field / security combo! Can't wait to get it. Online paid just under $500 including the shipping insurance and FFL nearby only charges $20 so I'm happy with the price out the door for a semi auto with 2 barrels.

I debated getting the spx and buying a longer barrel, but realistic use of occasional clay buster 3-4 times a year, not door buster made me realize grs in back and mounted rail might hinder sight picture after asking on here a while back. So the combo made the most sense for my needs/wants.

Anyways I'll keep ya posted on how it goes. Plan to strip and clean before first use. Any other tips or break in advice?

Eventually I'll probably add the Nordic +2 and a nicer bolt handle but I'll make sure it functions just fine stock first. Anyone have the Nordic +2? I saw a pic online and looks like you could get their longer extension cap and still be flush or even short of the muzzle...was just wondering if that little bit allowed another full shell or not?

Congrats! I think you'll like it as your first shotgun.

The only problems I've had with mine were a result of not cleaning it thoroughly when I first got it. Once you get past that you should have clear sailing. I've not had problems with anything I've run though it since.

Make sure you post some pics when you get it.

Thanks, saw the pics...good to know its the XL (3/4") and not the XXL (1.5") extension cap that gets it to flush with the 18.5" barrel. Now, is it just looks or could it just barely allow an extra shell is the real question? I read a review (link below almost at the bottom) that they thought it would possibly allow 1 more but there was never an update;

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... p?t=405216

I know I have not been able to add an additional shell with the xl cap but I bet you could with the xxl.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

...and enjoy that new Mossberg 930 !!

93f22e39.jpg

07d6739a.jpg

997dcf39.jpg

954a1857.jpg

Hopefully pics come in haven't tried using this app (tapatalk). Ok so here is the new 930 field / security with 18.5" barrel. Also pics of issues on barrel. Last one shows the bluing rubbing off, but I'm more concerned with the nick....keeps looking bigger and worse each time I see it. It was still wrapped up in the cardboard and I didn't see it until I got home. Just looks cosmetic right? I'm gonna send a pic to Mossberg and see if they will do anything. I'm trying not to let it bug me but it does...

I have the same mark in the same spot on my 930 SPX. Believe it to be a proof mark from the factory.
Congrats on the new 930 HS/Field and welcome to Mossberg Owners. :cool:

Thanks tcecil, that makes me feel a lot better. It does look like intentional multiple hits with something round and metal like a punch done with pretty good force. I just can't understand why they would do it right above the chamber and after it's finished to expose some bare metal?

On a positive note, upon further inspection of the 28" vent rib it was just some crud that should clean up just fine on the joints I thought were light finish issues - shoulda grabbed a rag duh!

I'll try to post some nicer pics after I clean it up from the packing grease all over it, this is my first shotgun - getting more excited as hopefully what I thought were problems are really not!

Got out today for the first time with 930 after first breaking down and cleaning. I only used used the 18.5" barrel. The store also only had 3" buckshot but I said whatever and grabbed 2, 15 shell boxes. Also had 25 each of Remington and Winchester 2.75 target loads (both 1200 fps).

Everything went great! Shot 15 of the 3" buckshot to start and decided to save the other box for another day.... Then got through the target loads with no issues. Target load recoil felt 75% lighter than the 3" buckshot if I had to put a figure on it. Much nicer. I was pretty much loading up 4+1 at a time and firing them at a good pace. It was a pretty quick range trip, but I was just happy not having to come home and troubleshoot something. Really like it!

Back