• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

just read it for yourself and make up your own mind

GunnyGene said:
Typical politispeech. Means nothing unless incorporated into law.

You are very correct Sir, but scarry none the less. I'd be interested to see how they are going to "protect freedom of speech" but halt all this "online extremist activity". Slippery slope my friends, slippery slope. I guess everyone in this thread so far can count themselves as a domestic terrorist, I wouldn't want anyone else ;)

I felt this eerie George Orwell 1986 Deja Vu while reading that speech.

I can’t believe they pay people to come up with this worthless dribble……..whoever wrote that needs their ass kicked for wasting my time and my money……die bastards, die a slow painful violent death at the hands of internet terrorists, Allah Akbar, jihad jihad dirka dirka

oli700 said:
I can’t believe they pay people to come up with this worthless dribble……..whoever wrote that needs their ass kicked for wasting my time and my money……die bastards, die a slow painful violent death at the hands of internet terrorists, Allah Akbar, jihad jihad dirka dirka

Derka derka, Mohammed Jihad sherpa-sherpa. Ah-baka-la..

I bet they want to stop the online bullying of the US Government.... ;)

You can't forget our "BAEHCK WUUD FOLK"... "I'm unna dun feind mee won'ob'dem prehceedahnts and have mee a guud'ole thime eht du range.... if you know what'a mean"

DISCLOSURE: In no way am I slandering or making fun of any particular demographic or persons (including their families) on this forum, and the above statements do not represent any political or racial stereotypes :D

Seriously though... this is crap, and the problem is that all those low info voters don't see through the transparencey of words like this. They don't for one minute think that the Gov't could turn this around on anyone at any time (givin this were to acutally make it into the Federal Regs). Guess it's up to us again to educate the masses

Another load of horse manure and I have no doubt that the 1st amendment will take a hit.

If they come after your friendly neighborhood MO political moderator I'm going to tell them "Oli made me do it". Oli, get your can of whoop ass ready. :D

IED's standing by sir......they're talking a left on baka laka daka street....

you'all just ain't right sometimes.

John A. said:
you'all just ain't right sometimes.

Sometimes? LoL :D

They try to start rounding up "internet radical, domestic terrorists" in my neck of the woods and they are gonna end up in something like a cross between "Blackhawk Down" and "Deliverence"

:) :) :) :)

I think I mentioned this in a post I wrote a while ago. One of the things the gov't will do is shout "the bad guys are using the Internet to communicate" then shutdown access. It is too easy for us to "talk" to each other, much easier than a phone. Look at all the rallies popping up on FB and you can see why the paranoids in our gov't hate the Internet. They are afraid of what the Internet does and represents.

Make no mistake...the online radicalization they are referring to is us. It is our main communication avenue. If the Internet was shutdown tomorrow would we still be able to communicate? (hint to self...print mod contact list).

If the SHTF, count on the Internet going away, as well as GPS for civilians. Phones would be useless. About the only thing I see they can not control is shortwave but they can triangulate on a signal if needed.

This is starting to appear as a well orchestrated attack on all aspects of our daily lives. More gun laws, gun owner insurance, Obamacare and its requirements of Drs to report guns in households, curb Internet access, the huge ammo buildup and weapons purchases by DHS, the internment camps and plastic coffins, turn in your neighbor plans, telling school kids to report their parent's guns, and on and on...then add the Chinese cyber attacks, our own economy meltdown, talks of huge gov't/military furloughs and layoffs and it becomes a recipe for disaster.

It is getting freakin' scary. And before you say I've had too much to drink, I haven't had a drink since last night (two beers). The more I see and hear the more I distrust and hate our gov't officials. They need to go before they completely destroy the US of A. Impeach them, recall vote them but get them the hell out of office...

I now return you to your normal broadcasting station...

It is our main communication avenue.
Good point OA. I have mentioned this before but for those to young to remember the '94 ban, my main news and information came when the new gun magzines (like Guns and Ammo) came once a month or NRA snail mail.

oli700 said:
IED's standing by sir......they're talking a left on baka laka daka street....

I know this is a serious situation but I'm laughing my ass off right now!

I really do fear the government and our future.

Man you guys have a way of making me divulge my twisted thoughts….

We know this of our government
if they can make money off of it they will
if they can hold it over some ones head they will
if they can use it for leverage they will
if they can regulate it they will

I have this thought for a long time that the government can do all these things with the internet…..why don’t they, why do they throw these tid bits of threats like the one the honorable JA posted….BTW thanks for being my friend even though I aint right most the time lol……

I’ll tell you why I think they don’t, because the internet was an invention to let people to be totally uninhibited, trackable by the government at all times. People think they are talking anonymously, so they get real brave at what they say, what they do, pictures, videos, information we put out there…..I mean I see a little picture of a lock when I make a purchase….it means I am safe, think about that….a cartoon lock. I think the internet back fired a little on them though……but I could be wrong, it’s in my nature to think the Feds are always up no good lol…..I am pretty opinionated but I don’t say anything I wouldn’t say to “the man’s” face…..don’t look at my foil hat!

Archer man, you hit on a lot of the reasons I learned to build ammo, use machinery, grow food, hunt food, use a map and a compass, don’t depend on any one thing,can build shelter and start a fire 5 different ways, still don’t have my own cell phone….this one site is the deepest I have ever been on the internet and have done things here that I vowed never to do, make friends with people I can’t touch…..my son is half Native American from here in Oregon , his people , probably like many indians , wouldn’t believe a white man was a human until they showed their belly buttons….I can’t see anyone’s belly buttons on the internet so it has been a huge leap of faith for me

Yes, Oli, we do "bare our soul" at times on the internet. And yes, the gov't can "see" everything we type. I have my thoughts, and they usually stay in my head until I come across like minded people. I do talk to my coworkers and some of them look at me like I have 3 heads. Or nod as if they are listening to an old man who's better days are behind him. None are what I would call a friend (I have few and none here).

I have a lot to learn but pick up stuff pretty quick. I will be looking at the Survival Forum a lot closer. I actually thought most of this crap would come much later in my life and I wouldn't need to worry about it as much. Looks like that is not so. Life is bitch if you're stupid and I'm trying not to be any more stupid than I need to be...

It wanst that long ago that life was survival…..it wasn’t known as survival though, only life. It will weed out a lot of people that’s for sure. What sucks is that we are smart enough to see it coming, what sucks worse is thet we are arrogant enough to think it wont happen , if you ever find yourself out these part you have an ally, unless you dont have a belly button, then I can’t guarantee your safety ;)

Back