• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

just read it for yourself and make up your own mind

OhioArcher said:
Or nod as if they are listening to an old man who's better days are behind him.

I'm sorry to say but I was one of those people not very long ago. I'll step out of myself and say it's because I'm still young, but really, it has to do with denial. It is much easier to stand behind a veil of arrogance and confidence [in the system] than actually admit that no one is looking out for you but yourself. I'm so afraid for my daughters future that I loose sleep over it often. And it's not a fear of whether she'll go to college, or have a great job... or maybe even her first driving lessons with Dad. No, I fear that by the time she's old enough to do these things, we will live in a country and society that has eaten itself alive, or no country at all for that matter.

As it has been stated, no doubt the information that's stored away on Internet can have damaging effects and sometimes repercussions on those that choose to release it. Often there is no choice and that information is taken. Pretty damn scary world we live in, and the best we can do is worry for ourselves and our families first, then our friends and neighbors and brothers in arms (<- No doubt that's flagged!).

P.S: Oli, I'll only show you my belly button if you show me yours. ;)

Ak, I know exactly what you mean about keeping yourself up thinking about the future of your kids. I've got five, ranging from 12 to 4 and I can't help but see the differences in the world that surrounds them versus what surrounded me growing up. It took a while for me to accept the fact that I can't isolate them from the world they are in, but I do as much as I can to give them part of MY world. I had a tremendously proud moment earlier this school year when my 9yo stepson got in trouble for arguing with his teacher........they were studying the U.S. government and the teacher had asked what kind of Government we had, looking for the typical "Oooo a Democracy" answer. Jacob told her she was wrong.......That this was a Constitutional Republic that had been corrupted into a Democracy (he hears a lot of "grown-ups" talking at the dinner table since we regularly have other family members at the table, and he has an incredible memory). She told him he was wrong, he told her she needed to read more.

I signed the detention slip with a smile and added a note at the bottom that said "He was correct.......on both counts"

Kids aren't being taught by the schools to be great Americans........it's all about learning to not buck the system and being good little Eloi. The truly sad part is that by training all these Eloi we are getting fewer and fewer who are smart enough, skilled enough or brave enough to fight off the Morlocks.

This country has spent the last 25 years socially engineering itself to implode.......and I don't know if it is possible to save everyone anymore.

I've read this a couple times and I honestly can't even determine what it is that they are actually trying to say.

Tim4k5 said:
I signed the detention slip with a smile and added a note at the bottom that said "He was correct.......on both counts"

Right on Tim! And I like how you even kept it civil... you didn't go and yell her head off, just a little passive aggression :cool:

teachers are all extremely blind and liberal... they are almost as bad as the news/media people. The thing is they are the ones in the spotlight so those are the opinions children grow up with...

teachers are all extremely blind and liberal... they are almost as bad as the news/media people. The thing is they are the ones in the spotlight so those are the opinions children grow up with...

My cousin's daughter was learning about the Constitution from one of these clowns that taught that the 2A was about militia's and made it clear that he saw no reason for anyone to own a gun. She and another kid were the only two that held out that it's a personal right during a class discussion. He called the school to raise hell about the indoctrination efforts instead of teaching facts.

Back