• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

kerry asks china to invest in U.S. infrastructure

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Our forefathers built this country the hard way with blood and sweat. We could and did achieve anything we put our minds and hearts to. What the heck happened to us? Now we need China to invest in building our infrastructure? Is nothing sacred? We have a lot of abled bodied people collecting tax money...give em' a shovel and get them working. China needs to go bye-bye inside our borders. It's time we started doing without instead of borrowing money we don't have.

Oh yeah, is John Kerry the Secretary of State? He comes across as guy with bad credit trying to get a loan with a beat up old car as collateral.

Secretary of State Kerry, in response to a question about what he said to encourage Chinese investment in America:
"But for true private sector private investment, we have countless opportunities and we welcome that investment. One of the things I’ve discussed with the State Councilor tonight was the possibility of China investing in infrastructure. We have proposals in the United States Congress to creature infrastructure bank. We have huge infrastructure needs in the United States for a certain series of projects like water projects, transportation projects, energy projects. Those are all revenue-producing projects. So they are projects from which pension funds and other kinds of investments can make a return on investment and everybody benefits. It’s a win-win-win. It’s a win for the investors, it’s a win for the countries, and ultimately it’s a win for the place where the infrastructure gets built.

Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse bolts...China is already invested in our infrastructure. They are rebuilding our bridges with all Chinese labor, have their hands in multiple energy companies, have been given millions of acres of US soil. What else does the administration want to give them? the US citizens as slaves?

Last week I went to the second wildfire convention of the spring , we always have military speakers and last week we had the Col of Kingsley Field in Klamath Falls OR.
Anyone who flies an F15 gets taught how to fly them buy the Oregon National Guard at Kingsley.

At the end we were asking him all kinds of questions and one was “should we be worried about the Chinese aircraft carrier?”
…..after a long pause he said “not at this time” …then he took off his hat and said “ At the rate the US is going right now , in 10 years we will be out spent and out researched by China”
He said in 20 years we had better be worrying about it. After the convention over beers he also said a lot of military leaders fear the combination of us slowing down and them speeding up…..and getting a financial foot hold in our country.

I have been saying this for a long time.

The US has admittedly given them a lot of property already.

I worry what is going to happen when the creditor demands payment.

Wow Oli!...thanks for sharing that. Scary stuff to say the least. I wonder that to John. They aren't like us giving money with no expectation of repayment. They will force their will upon us whatever that may be and it will be ugly.

Here's an example I can provide on China. I worked 20 years at an 80 year old family owned bearing company. We purchase the steel balls and make/assemble them into a bearing:
1995 - China targets US steel ball market for the 3/32 diameter to 3/16 diameter carbon steel ball business. Their quality was to low. They cold headed and heat treated the blanks and sent them here for grinding and finishing.
1998 - they start making the entire ground and polished steel balls. Quality not quite as good as domestic but price is low. Company president is happy...lower prices we won't pass on to customers unless they force us to.
1999 - China owns the market for this product.
2001 - prices start to rise but not enough for us to buy from domestic source. US ball makers become importers for this product.
2003 - China starts making the entire bearing assembly, not just the balls taking our work now. Selling price is less than we pay for material alone. Chinese gov. subsidizing price to take the market. Company president is unhappy, we are now losing business and must look at being an importer which didn't work out. Layoffs begin.
2006 - Carbinemike leaves company. Was 75 people strong and I was number 55 left.
2010 - Company bottoms out at 30 people and first wage change in 8 years is given...1%

If you step back and look at whats going on isn't our own government trying to do to the country what they accused Romney of doing to small companies when he worked at Bain?

Rick, I was wondering how much of our debt they hold and I was surprised. China has 7% of it and has reduced it over the last 12 months. Japan is close to becoming the number 1 foreign nation holding our debt. With this many debtors it looks like our biggest problem may be when they decide they don't want more debt unless the interest rate is higher. I think that's when inflation kicks in and the dollar value tanks. I am not a financial guy so someone please correct this if my understanding is wrong.

Oli exporters and Carribean banking centers is nice and vague.

US debt holders:
• China, Mainland 1161.5 -7.5%
• Japan 1134.7 +12.8%
• Oil Exporters (3) 266.2 +7.2%
• Caribbean Banking Centers (4) 258.5 +21.9%
• Brazil 255.2 +11.2%
• Taiwan 201.6 +20.4%
• Switzerland 194.4 +35.1%
• Russia 165.4 +12.1%
• Luxembourg 139.4 +10.2%
• Hong Kong 137.2 +21.1%
• Belgium 133.3 +0.7%
• United Kingdom (2) 117.3 +10.1
• Singapore 94.3 +33.4%
• Ireland 93.3 +40.9%
• Norway 75.5 +104.1%
• France 75.0 +39.7%
• Canada 65.5 +40.7%
• Germany 64.1 -5.7%
• Mexico 59.2 +94.2%
• India 58.9 +46.9%
• Thailand 58.2 16.6%
• Turkey 51.6 27.4%
• South Korea 41.6 -2.1%
• Philippines 36.7 +14.0%
• Chile 30.6 +23.9%
• Poland 30.0 4.9%
• Colombia 29.3 +34.4%
• Sweden 28.5 -7.5%
• Netherlands 27.5 +14.6%
• Italy 27.3 +8.4%
• Australia 25.9 +5.3%
• Spain 24.7 +75.2%
• Israel 22.2 +15.0%
• Malaysia 19.5 +10.2%
• Denmark 14.5 +6.6%
• Peru 13.1 +52.3%
• South Africa 12.5 +8.7%

Wow, I wonder what all Japan has of ours that accounts for so much. I really don't see much of anything coming from Japan. Norfolk Southern ships a metric shit ton of Coal and Crude Oil to China and we get the Refined Oil back from China pretty much at the cost of the coal. Only thing is that the Ratio of Coal:Refined Oil/Fuel is horrible.. like 50:1... So much coal goes out and so very little Refined liquid gold returns.

Rumor has it that some Private Investor is building a $63M refinery and storage facility on the East Coast to try and intercept some our domestic products. This "Private Investor" wants to be able to store a few 100k tons of Coal and be able to refine the crude oil. From talking with Super Visors and Co-workers from Baltimore it actually seems like it is a combination of the RR's that are the "Private Investor"... Some truth has been brought to this rumor as ALL the rail from the Major Mines (Including the ones here in PA) are being completely replaced with High Speed or New Manufactured Ribbon Rail and Top Notch Electronic Scanners, Defect Detectors and Signals... Something to look forward too

One thing the list shows is China decreasing while Hong Kong increases. Hong Kong is China, has been since the turnover.

US debt holders:
China, Mainland 1161.5 -7.5%
• Japan 1134.7 +12.8%
• Oil Exporters (3) 266.2 +7.2%
• Caribbean Banking Centers (4) 258.5 +21.9%
• Brazil 255.2 +11.2%
• Taiwan 201.6 +20.4%
• Switzerland 194.4 +35.1%
• Russia 165.4 +12.1%
• Luxembourg 139.4 +10.2%
• Hong Kong 137.2 +21.1%

The world's banking centers are poised to take over just about everything. That crap with Cyprus was just the beginning. Imagine a world bank telling the US that in order to receive "bail out" money the government will need to take 10-15% of ALL bank accounts across the nation. Scared the crap out of me when I read the EU was considering using Cyprus as a "model" for future EU country bail outs...

Is it illegal to keep a certain amount of cash on hand yet?

On hand meaning, not in a bank and in cash.

If not, what about converting USD to yen or duetschemarks or ????? if not purchasing gold/silver

John, I bet it will be soon. I am sure that eventually, with the way this country is going, you will be forced to maintain X% of your income in the bank at all times. Failure to do so will probably end in forced forfeiture of all funds to the Gov't.... kind of like Taxes and being in an Audit...

Illinois has been rumbling lately about requiring gold and silver sales to be registered. They will get what you have one way or another.

That list surprised me at how many countries Uncle Sam has his hand in their pocket. I wonder how many of those countries we borrow money from then get it back as a gift?

Back