• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's all smoke dope

Somewhere right now, stoners are putting shotgun shells in microwave ovens and making YouTube videos of the results... :p

Legalization of marijauna just makes sense... An "illegal" substance is now taxable (ie: revenue), people don't have to risk the hassle of police problems, and an entire "legal" small business/industry is born.

In states where MJ is "legal", it is still a "cash" business as many banks will not touch transactions because it is still "illegal", Federal-wise... So pot needs to be made legal nationwide and states can allow it or continue to prohibit it (for recreational use). A low THC flavor called "Charlottes Web" is legal here in FL, but still in "limbo" because of who will grow it. As far as I know, it is still illegal to transport MJ across state lines (from states where it IS legal)...

You "get off my lawn" old-timers ;) need to lighten up and "evolve" your beliefs, just as I have. I'd rather have guns, grass and ass (yup, legal prostitution :cool:) than none of the above. I WILL choose a pro-gun presidential candidate over a pro-pot candidate but would prefer a candidate who is both... :)

Last edited:
Ok, time to check in again. My original comment wasn't about the legalities of various intoxicants, including pot. It was about whether the society at large is involved in how this country is run. If it's to be run by people who are only concerned with their next hit, jelling out, getting laid, or satisfying the munchies, then I think we are in a lot of trouble.

Ok, time to check in again. My original comment wasn't about the legalities of various intoxicants, including pot. It was about whether the society at large is involved in how this country is run. If it's to be run by people who are only concerned with their next hit, jelling out, getting laid, or satisfying the munchies, then I think we are in a lot of trouble.

Gunny, I'd rather deal with someone who is stoned (on pot) than someone who is drunk. As one who has taught motorcycle safety for many years, there is a reason an important part of our curriculum deals with the PHYSICAL effect of alcohol as far as reaction times, etc. Yes, both substances can effect one MENTALLY, but the adverse physical effects of alcohol are much greater (and more dangerous) than pot...

PS: And I know that alcohol tends to lower one's inhibitions and make them more likely to do something stupid where a laid-back pothead may just "chill" or even become paranoid and in either case not do something stupid like drive drunk... So, in other words, I'd rather have a stoned Senator than a drunk Senator... ;)

PPS: And the reason MJ is a "gateway" drug is because many of the same lawbreakers that sell it also sell "harder" drugs such as crack and/or prescription drugs. No such problem with legal "dispensaries"...

Last edited:
It was about whether the society at large is involved in how this country is run.

If it's to be run by people who are only concerned with their next hit, jelling out, getting laid, or satisfying the munchies, then I think we are in a lot of trouble

in that case the places its legal , society at large used the democratic prosess to vote it in to legality by majority.

So pot is legal in DC, you actually think all of a sudden the people who are to run the country are going to be pot heads jelling out and having sex.....man that's a reach

It's funny the perceptions of people
In my job I run across many a patch and sometimes the people they belong to.
I'm not involved in any doings but I did grow up on the edge of the emerald triangle so whether I like it or not it is a big part of the culture here so I know a little about it

If you get out west you'd do well to change your opinion of a 60's pot head......out this way people that think these folks are lazy , sex crazed freaks that anyone can get the drop on are more likely to encounter men made of gristle who climb mountains to the pits of hell to hide illegal acts and could end up hanging by their feet , in a pot patch.....fact

Last edited:
It is , just like it I have been told from people who have lived in that country...some of my most favorite and honorable people I've ever known

You can look but don't make your eyes strain

Difference being just the vastness of area and just how lost you can become if you choose.

Alaska is the king of that though, on a trip there I had to fly the fire almost everyday and the state asked us to report any cabins in danger not on the map. There were more not on the map than on and they said that's not uncommon because vastness and waterway to travel.....a lot been there pushing 100 years and the government has no knowledge until some fire starts and the ground gets flown heavily

Back