• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Light sticks....

LUGI

.270 WIN
Opened up a light stick that expired in 06 and that thing was glowing like it was just made! Thought you guys would like to know.....they last and it was from walmart, I got them back in the day real cheap cause they where about to expire.

Has anyone here done a comparison between the walmart or home depot style and the true Cyalume military chemsticks? Just curious to see if price is worth the reliability and duration?

I've probably used 10 brands and they all seem to act the same. They all last one night for me. We hang them on out gear at night, mark road junction and put them in plastic bags to mark ponds for all for fighting fire at night,red ones are a hazard, bees nest, stump holes, cliff edges, danger trees, we go through a crap load of them a summer….but we get all ours from GSA . not walmart…..I would imagine chemicals are the same…

I buy the glow necklaces that they have at The Dollar Tree here anytime I find them. Each pack has 2 probably 24" long, 1/4" diameter necklaces and they usually have several different colors........and they cost a buck. They aren't nearly as bright as the regular light sticks but the pink and green colored ones are decently bright and usually last for 3 or 4 days. I've used these things for just about anything you can imagine, they're cheap, they last and they've got a few different colors. Keep an eye out at your local dollar stores around Halloween and snag a few packs.

Tim4k5 said:
I buy the glow necklaces that they have at The Dollar Tree here anytime I find them. Each pack has 2 probably 24" long, 1/4" diameter necklaces and they usually have several different colors........and they cost a buck. They aren't nearly as bright as the regular light sticks but the pink and green colored ones are decently bright and usually last for 3 or 4 days. I've used these things for just about anything you can imagine, they're cheap, they last and they've got a few different colors. Keep an eye out at your local dollar stores around Halloween and snag a few packs.
My wife does the same for our little girl

Back