• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

loaded up some 9

IMG_1510_zps5bea5c2e.jpg

mingaa said:
mingaa said:
Will do. There is a lot of talent in the region. I'm one season in and just being in the peleton is an achievement in itself.
Last 2 matches I finished 5th then 3rd unclassified so Sat. Is a Classifier event and I'm in. My current scores put me mid-marksman. Been reviewing the IDPA standard - tuning up and hoping to place well. I'll try and post Sunday.
:cool:

that's some fine work Oli.

The P85 eats flat nose and whatever I feed it, but my "special" 9mm's, won't hardly shoot them at all. The flat tips get hung up on the lip of the barrel and won't hardly chamber in anything but my single stack mags.

I don't know why it's so hard to find 147 gr round nose.

Thanks man, it’s hard not to feed a round nose lol.

The flat nose I have are ok , only problem with them is that I had to load them very short to chamber in the CZ.

They fed fine , just that the bullet is long because it has a hollow base like a slug. In order to create the hollow base and retain 124 grains they had to move the material which equaled a longer bullet.

This lead to a bunch of figuring because I had to reduce the load slightly . I had to reduce the load because seating the bullet deeper in the case creates more pressure……..

I’m sure you wanted to hear all that crap lol…….long story short is I ended up with a great shooting load but it is too short to reliably feed 100% of the time. I haven’t had one hang up in a while but they will so it’s good for range ammo.

nitesite said:
Yes, Please let us know!!!!!!
Last two IDPA matches I finished 5th then 3rd unclassified - score equated to mid-Marksman level in SSP so Saturday I'll shoot the standardized classifier. It's an international standard and all on line so you can, erm, study! :geek: It's all 'Limited Vickers" which translates into no extra shots allowed - each string is spelled out - head shots required as well where in a match they would be optional.

I've upped my strong hand & weak hand shooting as both are included more than in many matches. The club is great with results - all matches are same day on line!

finally loading some handgun again, had these sitting around for a while.....115gr XTP over 6.2 of #5.

Anyone care to venture a guess on velocity through a full size CZ ?

I haven't shot them yet

Dang you were close on the 115s...

I think Accurate #7 is great stuff with 124 and 147-gr bullets.

That's really moving with 124's.

Oli, I'd love to get a few of your recipes.

Anything you need, I can even load something you are curious about.......let me know what your interested in

I trust your recipes. I am just looking for info that I can jot down and put in my old book for future reference.

My old lyman book has much of nothing significant for 223 and 9mm. It's so old that to be honest, I don't even think 40 S&W is in it.

I trust your recipes. I am just looking for info that I can jot down and put in my old book for future reference.

My old lyman book has much of nothing significant for 223 and 9mm. It's so old that to be honest, I don't even think 40 S&W is in it.
I know you shoot a lot of 9 and specific purpose 9.....I haven't messed with 147's or anything sub. I know you shoot a lot of fmj....
I bet a string of these XTP's I loaded from your fast shooter would be straight brutal on the flesh

I have no doubt that they would. But that gun seems to like round nose ammo.

OK, let me re-phrase that. I haven't ever tried any HP's to know whether it would feed them reliably or not.

I know that it won't shoot flat tip ammo worth a hoot.

Back