• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

LOL dont have it yet

marv02

I odered my new 590 on 12-15-2012 and already buy aftermaket stuff for it I been reading when theres low or no light you hope you pointing the gun where you want to shoot at.

I read others putting a meprolight bead on theres I already order one for mine $21.00 I dont even have the SG yet LOL.

I want to put a light on it I know I want one with a stobe I thinking of get one thats part of the Forearm I know there not cheep .

I like to have a lazer on the gun but that will be down the road it sounds like green is the way to go for Lazer light.

Besides that I am leave the gun stock.

I dont want to make the gun to weight a ton.

Is replacing the saftey swicth to a metal one good or not I read others say the stock plastic one break I want to avoild any problems if I have to ever use the gun as a home defence weapon and have anything go wrong that I could avoilded by preplanning the just in case.

Murphies Law we all know about that.

marv02,

First of Welcome, and congrats on the new purchase.

As far as I know the 590's come with a metal safety.

If yours doesnt, it is not "that" difficult. The hardest part is getting the screw out initially, but there is information on this sight, as well as YouTube on how to do it.

Took me about 5 minutes to change mine.

Frank

still waiting on the 590 but ordered some more stuff for it.

1. Ncstar Tactical 5mw Green laser
2. Surefire forend with Light I dont like the price but whats your family life worth !!!.
3. Tri Rail to mount them on the magazine tube.
4. Mesa Tactical LEO & Magpul Moe stock with extended butt pad, Hogue pistol grip, UTC spring type
Buffer

This should make a great HD weapon I am trying to keep the kick down so you can get back on target fast and if my wife need to use it she wont drop it.

I hate whem you order a part and the vender seems like they just dont respond to the sales and after waiting for over a week for them to tell you whats going on after you call them e-mail then they still dont get back to you.

Thank You for Amazon and E-Bay you can cancel the orders though them as long you can prove they willn't get back to you after a week trying to get a hold of them.

I dont like bad mouthing venders but Bad CS will kill them.

I dont know about you but when I send a vender my hard earned money I want to know what going on they should let you know if shipped back ordered ect not just take you'r money then dont respond back to you.

The metal safety is standard on the 590A1, but is plastic on the 590.

The metal saety was intended for military use in the hashest of conditions and if you think about, there are likely way more 500s serving as home defense firearms and perhaps even bein used double duty as field guns with plastic safeties than there are metal safeties bein used by US Armed forces.

The concern is that the plastic is more likely to break, and ill agree, it is. But that doesn't mean it will. Simply by virtue of bein plastic compared to metal, then the answer will always be "yes". However, I absolutely wouldn't be concerned about it. I've had both the 590A1 with a metal safety and a 500 without, never an issue from either.

Now, as an upgrade, there are safeties that are shaped differently to make them easier to function. That could be worth doin.

Ootherwise, sounds as if you got some pretty cool stuff goin on, I'm excited to see it when its done!

I know my self in time I will order the metal safty swicth and metal trigger assy.

I always been Mr over kill LOL.

I looked at the A1 590 they were not in stock when I ordered my 590 or I most likley ordered one of thoses instead but the SP should be good for HD.

I also liked the be able to hold 8 rounds the first SG I was going to get only held 5 rounds.
Then I read some Home owner had 3 intrudes come in his home when his kids were having a sleep over made me think more rounds will be better to have.

I know it should not take more than 2 rounds to stop a person but I also read most home invasion they are 3 or more of them at once comming in to your home.

Besides when the Zombies come true I be ready for them LOL :eek:

It has been almost 1 month now and counting I can wait to go break it in I going down to Walmart this weekend and buy 2 boxes (200 Rounds) of there bulk target rounds for this.

I found a cool place to go shooting the other day about 10 miles from me.

Lookin forward to your range report.

Be sure to post some pics of your 590 once it arrives...

I have to find the camara this weekend I will take before and after I add all the stuff to it I still waiting for the Mesa LEO adapter and the Tatical stock.

After drive 1 hour to go to the gun shop.

To pick up my 590 the LOE now asked for anouther $92.00 Ca taxes reg fees ect I knew about the $35.00 reg fee. but not the rest of the fee's and the gun was purchased out of state I though I would get away not paying CA tax Nope they had there hand out for there cut.

I was told by anouther gun dealer Long guns (Shot Guns) after paying for them do the paper work you take them home the same day they lied to me I will have to drive anouther 2 hour next weekend to go pick up the 590.

I will never buy a gun online again I did not save any money doing the purchase on line I think it going to cost me more in the long run just in gas to make now 4 hours and 200 miles wasted at 15 MPG I never buy a gun online agin and have shipped to the gun shop it been cheep just buy what they had in stock hey theuy did have my gun in stock.

Lesson learned.

Man that sucks!

Sorry to see you're having issues, but it's gonna make that first range trip even sweeter when you get to pick it up...

Ya me I have my 590.

Brand new out the box have not unwrapped it yet.
DSCF1443.jpg

Had the gun 5 minutes now.
DSCF1444.jpg

Now 6 minutes.
DSCF1445.jpg

After 30 minutes.
DSCF1447.jpg

The other side 31 minutes.
DSCF1446.jpg

It took close to 2 months to receive my 590 now I am a happy camper.

I took it all apart and cleaned it all to get the shipping stuff out of it and oiled it with barstol.

Also let me see how everything works it was a pain for the first time getting it back together but now I know and next time it will be easier I know what to look for.

Took the 590 out for it madden run this what I found out.

The Laser fell off after 5 rounds it slipped out it mount Cure removed the mount forget the laser.

The shot gun hit everything I pointed it at.

I put about 30 rounds #4 buck shot though it 3 PDX slugs fired perfect every time.

As for recoil not bad at all I think the pistol grip and the recoil buffer spring helped out a lot.

I am waiting for my case of # 9 bird shot to show up then have some more fun with 590.

Back