• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Longer Stock Bolt

I need a stock bolt that is 1-2 cm longer, any sources/links appreciated. Without taking the current stock off, it is NOT the 5-6" one but the longer one, for a speedfeed lV? full stock with pistol grip W/O the shell holders. The LOP is perfect, LOL.

What I've done in the past is to go to the hardware store with the bolt in hand to compare against others. It could even be possible to get a longer one and cut it if needed then some light grinding around the edge so it threads right.

@blacksmith may have some ideas as well as others.

If I recall correctly, the "regular" 500 stock bolt is 5-1/2", 5/16-18 thread (I think!?). I've used a hex head bolt with a shallow socket taped to an extension driven by a T-handle or ratchet to tighten it. You could also cut a straight slot in it with a hack saw. Note that if you have to cut a bolt to length and you cut it too long, it can affect safety operation and possibly damage it! :eek:

The speedfeed bolt is much longer, & I now need to remove the stock AGAIN to measure it. A guestimate would be twice as long. Just measured the too short one @ 10", 10.5" should be about right. Now to go to HD & lowes cuz you know you can't go to one without the other, why do you think they always build them across the street from each other?

I've had good luck with Fastenall.com for bolts I could not find elsewhere.

Thanks but no luck. I went with a threaded rod cut to length, with a lockwasher/nut on each end and one doing all the work. Bubba would be proud. It's not like it's a Purdy or LC Smith, right?

The stock is a speedfeed, not a Hogue. I had a bunch of 500's & 88's coming/going for a while, & the bolt must have gone with one of them. MB replaced the standard 590 bolt free, it's just too short. I'm not sure if there's a difference between the 500 & 590 receivers/stocks, & bolts required.

Back