• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking, but not sure

djohnson

Copper BB
I've been looking for a shotgun and come across the Mossberg 500 series. This will be mainly for the house, but not sure which one to get. I was recommended the Persuader, but that all of them can be changed around with the appropriate parts. I've found the Persuader online for about $350+. Any other sites i could check?

Hi! Thanks for signin on to the forum, and we're here to be as helpful as we can!

The Persuader is an excellent firearm and wont do you wrong!

Here, check out WTF Guns;
http://www.wtfguns.com/proddetail.asp?prod=S000102

New Mossberg Persuader, $300!
S000102_gt_1.jpg

If you talk to them, tell Rachel Fry I (Brad Rossignol from the forum) sent you! FFL transfer typically runs about $30.

Don't get much better than that!

Dang I wish I'd have found this forum BEFORE I bought my Mossy! One of the features that sold me on the 500/590 over other models and makers was the tang mounted safety. You can't always count on dexterity especially during a defensive situation and the tang mounted safety is a LOT easier to find without lookin. Becomes second nature in a hurry. Lot of good pump action scatterguns out there but for home defense, in my humble opinion nothin beats the 500/590 platform.

Battle tested, battle proven, and endorsed by this guy! :D

Welcome aboard! Any of the mossberg 500's with either a 18.5" or 20" barrel will work great for a home defense shotgun. There is quite a variety of models to choose from but I would suggest getting one with a regular synthetic stock. If you feel the need down the road modify the shotgun you can do so to your liking. The link that Brad posted regarding the Mossberg 500 persuader for $300 is about the best deal you are going to find for that model. Keep us updated on what model and from where when you finally pull the "trigger".

Thanks guys. I'll be checking these out and I'll let y'all know what I bought. This pistol grip is a definite; no question about it.

Bought my first Mossberg only a few weeks ago. I chose model 50420 because it had all the stuff I wanted and didn't have to add later: adj stock, side-saddle. I like this one a bunch but also now looking at the 590 series. On further research, only thing I might have wanted is 7+1 instead of 5+1, but hey, if it cant' be done with 6 rds of buckshot ...

JSDinTexas said:
...but also now looking at the 590 series. On further research, only thing I might have wanted is 7+1 instead of 5+1, but hey, if it cant' be done with 6 rds of buckshot ...

On the 590, if you go to the 590A1, you can be sayin, "if it can't be done with 9 rds of buckshot..." :D

Rossignol said:
JSDinTexas said:
...but also now looking at the 590 series. On further research, only thing I might have wanted is 7+1 instead of 5+1, but hey, if it cant' be done with 6 rds of buckshot ...

On the 590, if you go to the 590A1, you can be sayin, "if it can't be done with 9 rds of buckshot..." :D

Yeah Buddy :D I'm leaning toward the 590 and A1 as my next one. And nine is a nice round number.

Back