• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

looking for a Top Rail-Mounted XS Sight

any one know the part number or some info for a Top Rail-Mounted XS Sight found on the 590A1 Blackwater series or just the rail itself for starters for the 590 will work for me.
https://www.mossberg.com/product/shotgu ... shot/51772
love the low profile of it and wanted to get one, but no luck on the mossberg website either for info on accessories for the 590.....

a brand or something would be nice to at least have a starting point for searches.....or better yet what top rail do you all have on your 590.....i want one.

by the way where can i find mossberg accessories listed on their website, unless im blind, i cant seem to find them there. :?:

The brand is XS...

XS Sight Systems: XS Tactical Sights for Shotguns

You can call Mossberg sales directly which is probably your best bet for getting your hands on the models they use on the Blackwater series...

800) 363-3555

Just be aware that these rail mounted rear sights require an even taller front sight base than the standard GRS models.

As far as their parts and accessories go you can access them through the "STORE" gateway at the bottom of their site home page...

Mossberg Store: Apparel, Gear, Parts & Accessories

Thanks for the info on the xs rails.
Looks like I will have to call them to see what I need. But from the looks of it all their accessories seem to be out of stock.
The GRS look is sweet on the gun....just like the look. Not thrilled about the higher TOWER of a front sight on the rail mounted sight version

Went to their site again and I still don't see that gateway at the bottom.....don't know. At least I can get it thru the link u put here....thx.

I've got the standard Mossberg GRS on my 590a1, model 51663.

The rear sight mounts directly to the receiver using the factory tapped holes and requires no additional modification. The front post for this model is lower than the SPX version, but you'd still need a new GRS barrel or have the front sight silver soldered on to yours...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I've got the standard Mossberg GRS on my 590a1, model 51663.

The rear sight mounts directly to the receiver using the factory tapped holes and requires no additional modification. The front post for this model is lower than the SPX version, but you'd still need a new GRS barrel or have the front sight silver soldered on to yours...

Nice.... like that model.
So I'm sure I could put the back sight on....the front, that's a different story.
What's a ball park number for a gunsmith to solder the front sight on right and look professionally finished.
Just not much of a solder person.....

For around $150 you can buy a new factory barrel with the sight already installed.

You'd pay well over that for the sight base plus labor on the solder job and refinishing on your existing barrel, not to mention shipping costs back and forth...

sounds like thats the route to go.....

is the flex 590 barrel the same as the other 500/590 barrels to intechange with, or do i have to look for a specific one that will work? :?:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'm pretty sure it's the same barrel, but you can always call Mossberg for confirmation.

...or you could PM edna here on the site and see what she says...

Hello from Texas-Mossberg Rep.
Thanks for the info LES.
Actually called Mossberg today to find out but had a wait time of 23min and being at work couldn't swing it.
I'll PM Edna and ask, thanks for her info.

stigmata said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'm pretty sure it's the same barrel, but you can always call Mossberg for confirmation.

...or you could PM edna here on the site and see what she says...

Hello from Texas-Mossberg Rep.
Thanks for the info LES.
Actually called Mossberg today to find out but had a wait time of 23min and being at work couldn't swing it.
I'll PM Edna and ask, thanks for her info.

got a reply on the flex 590 barrel option from edna, good info:

Re: flex 590 tactical question
Sent: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm
To: stigmata

stigmata wrote:
Hello Edna
Have heard alot of good things about you here on the forum.
My question is about the flex 590 barrel.
Wanted to get a GRS but have the BB front site on my barrel and was told I will need a gunsmith to add the GRS front sight since I don't solder. I was told it would b cheaper to buy a barrel with the GRS front sight already mounted from Mossberg.
Is the flex 590 acceptable to 500/590 barrels, if so, What p/n barrel would I need for my flex 590 with the front sight already mounted.
Thanks in advance for your help.

The 590flex will interchange with the model 500/590 bbls from the regualar models the only problem would be the capacity if you have a higher capacity you would need to downgrade it with the shorter mag tube n spring so that the bbl from the 500 will fit. But you shouldnt have a problem. The only thing is I dont have a part number, you would have to call cs and they will give you one. This is the part number from the whole gun 53693 tell them to give you the part # for that bbl. Its the same capacity as the one you have. Let me know if you need anything else.

Back