• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for good bipod for atr?

texasfan85

.270 WIN
Ok ive been looking for a bipod for my atr was looking for my 30-06 deerthugs and when i traded for the camoed .308 i have still looking lool any help would be nice. Dont know why all bipods are either sling stud or barrel im looking for one for the sling swivel that is molded into the stock.

texasfan85 said:
.... I'm looking for one for the sling swivel that is molded into the stock.

Meaning that the sling swivel stud is an integral part of the stock?

will they fit the sling attachment on my gun i was told that a sling swivel stud is diffrent from a sling swivel that is molded in to the stock its self?

I just attached a Blackhawk! Traverse bipod on my ATR, using the sling-mount on the synthetic (integrated) and it mounted up just fine. Haven't had a chance to shoot to see how it holds up to stress, but it seems pretty solid with some non-firing drills (setup, hasty setup, resting while folded, movement slow and fast, etc). No signs of movement beyond what it should be capable of or coming loose.

I did see someone post a method for attaching an actual swivel somewhere here in the forums, I'll hunt around.

IMG_20130116_241907_844_zps748a03c7.jpg

IMG_20130116_241951_983_zpsf94cbc9a.jpg

IMG_20130116_241931_134_zps7ff271bc.jpg

Thanks for the help drakenight and nice pics im hoping mine turns out that nice
and thanks for the link dhonovich ill be tring that out and might even epoxy the stock also dont know yet though since it is only .308

Went ahead and nabbed a swivel mount from Academy and pulled the bipod off the plastic mounting point, good thing, too. The mount was a bit thinned out from the pressure of tightening the bipod into place. Took all of a few minutes to mount the new swivel behind it (had to check the spacing on the inside of the stock to make sure there was room for the nut, ended up about 2-3" back from the integrated mounting point). Reattached the bipod and she's good to go for a hunt tomorrow. I'll throw a few rounds out on the range and see how it holds up. I'm liking it a little further back, though, offers a good balance and pivot-point. No pictures yet, but I'll update tomorrow as well.

Back