• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Loose goose

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I just purchased my 1st shotgun flex moss/50127 500c waterfowl home security combo.

I've read threw the forums an haven't seen any post about my issue so I'll ask, the stock seems loose I've watched a lot of u tube on the flex an my stock slides right off with no smack to remove it. So is there an issue here, love the gun but it just seems sloppy to me. I know u can remove the flex adaptor an just use the stander 870 stocks. I can do this but a paid a little extra for this flex system so I hope this isn't the only option if this is the only fix I can handle that but I would be a little disappointed, I know removing the adaptor it opens me up to more aftermarket stocks, but does that effect warranty??

The gun is coyote tan with mx4 camo so are there solvents or cleaner I should be careful with an can I get touch up paint if needed

I love the combination u can come up with right out of the box .

Any an all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks :)

Welcome to the forum! I cannot comment on the Flex System as I am unfamiliar with it.

I wouldn't worry about solvents on that finish. These fancy new gun coatings are designed to take it. I doubt you can get specific touch up paint but you should be able to find something close.

Happy Aprils Fool Day. Glad you're enjoying your new MO$$BERG!

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I just purchased my 1st shotgun flex moss/50127 500c waterfowl home security combo.

I've read threw the forums an haven't seen any post about my issue so I'll ask, the stock seems loose I've watched a lot of u tube on the flex an my stock slides right off with no smack to remove it. So is there an issue here, love the gun but it just seems sloppy to me. I know u can remove the flex adaptor an just use the stander 870 stocks. I can do this but a paid a little extra for this flex system so I hope this isn't the only option if this is the only fix I can handle that but I would be a little disappointed, I know removing the adaptor it opens me up to more aftermarket stocks, but does that effect warranty??

The gun is coyote tan with mx4 camo so are there solvents or cleaner I should be careful with an can I get touch up paint if needed

I love the combination u can come up with right out of the box .

Any an all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks :)

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.
From what I have read the receiver on the flex system should fit snug.You might want to check that the flex adapter is tight on the receiver.
We have a contact at Mossberg that should be able to help you out.

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

send him an email and explain it to him.

Keep us posted.

Welcome to the forum! I cannot comment on the Flex System as I am unfamiliar with it.

I wouldn't worry about solvents on that finish. These fancy new gun coatings are designed to take it. I doubt you can get specific touch up paint but you should be able to find something close.

Happy Aprils Fool Day. Glad you're enjoying your new MO$$bergs

Thanks for the warm welcome an advise on the solvent I was thinking of trying automotive paint for touch up, if I can find the same color

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.
From what I have read the receiver on the flex system should fit snug.You might want to check that the flex adapter is tight on the receiver.
We have a contact at Mossberg that should be able to help you out.

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

send him an email and explain it to him.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction an I'm waiting for a reply I'll keep u posted

Hi everybody just a quick update , I took my mossy 500 flex back to the gun shop were I bought it an there gonna contact mossberg directly, so we will see what happens I will try to stay optimistic about the solution.

I did a little more diggin on the great big internet an found this review IT'S NOT THE ADD IT'S THE REVIEW AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/.../Mossberg+500+FLEX+12g+28"+AC+TN+MX4?sort=low kinda wish I seen this one !

Still waiting on an email back from Joe Zakher sent Wednesday 4/2

Hello fello gunners just another update, I haven't received an email back yet from Joe so I'll send it again

I called the gun shop Wednesday as instructed. The person on the other end explained to me that the gunsmith hasn't picked it up yet or hasn't contacted them yet about it. Which I was fine with but I asked if anyone try to contact Mossberg directly like they said they would an he answered no. I was at work on my lunch break an I told them I would not call them any more an I would wait there call

Well I just received a call back about my gun, they explained to me that I could not remove the adaptor an use a standard bolt on stock which I thought was funny. That's what there gunsmith told them. I had to explain to someone else what was the problem all over again an I'll try to be patient. Hope I'll have better news next week

Wow, that's crazy.

We have photographic evidence that the Flex adapter is removable, so that's a non-issue. The Flex System is still relatively new and it's no surprise that many folks don't know much about it yet. I'd keep trying for contact with Mossberg and push for them to make it right...

Hi people. This how my Monday started I sent another email to Joe Zakher an here was his reply

I understand what you are explaining. The flex stock will have some play. Should not be excessive. Removal of the stock is smooth is actually much better that to tap it out. If the module that holds the stock does not move you are ok. I hope this helps

Then around 10:30 this morning the gun shop calls, it's the same person I spoke with yesterday, he explained to me that he called mossberg an they told him almost the same thing as in the email I received this morning from Joe
He also said I could send it back to mossberg an let them check it

As of now I'm gonna go by an talk to one of the gun shop owners not sure were that will lead maybe he'll let me exchange it for a standard 500

Oh just a thought here I've been turning a wrench on cars for over 15 years but they say u should never buy the first generation of cars wait for the third or fourth gens because they have most of the bugs worked out . I wonder :)

Still stayin patient

Hello moss heads, I hope everyone had a great Easter
Went by the gun shop on Saturday an spoke with one of the owners (nice guy) we spoke abit about the gun, he said he has seen the stock on flex come off easy on some guns an then on the flip side were it almost took two people to pull it apart so I'm not to sure if there was a problem or not but to me the gun just felt loose when shouldered, I have handled BB guns that were tighter
Here's the good news he aloud me to exchange it for another mossberg 500 I believe it is the field/home security combo wood stock bolted on :)

Yahoooooo yahooooo my new shotgun is here my new shotgun is here !!!!!!!!!
I'm gettin a few small accessories for the price difference Blackhawks 15 shell 2 point sling with mounting hardware,
Laserlyte tri rail fits mag tube need to find a nice light then I'll send some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
Don't ya just Love it when a plan comes together :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back