• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

loose magazine tube

Good day to all.
I am considering the purchase of a 46B. It is well worn, but does have the peep sights that I believe originally came with the rifle. The front sights seem to be very loose, but I imagine the screw at the front will tighten those up. The main issue seems to be that the magazine tube is also loose. The gun shop was unsure if this was normal. Apparently some 22's have a magazine that has a little play in it. Is this normal? should it be (and how would it be) corrected? is this a sign to keep away from this particular rifle?

Thanks to all for any and all information.

Welcome to the forum from NY.

I would give Havlin a call. They are the pros when it comes to older Mossberg's.

(636) 937-6401

You also may want to check out our sub forums for discontinued models.

viewforum.php?f=70

Keep us posted .

I have 2 of them in my collection. The 46B(b) I have had for about 50 years (was my father's, then grandfather, then mine) is missing the middle screw and has a loose tube but not totally loose as it still has the end screw. The 46B(a) has a rib between the tube mag and the barrel and is tight. I have found the Mossbergs very easy to repair. I often pick up ones that the owners are having problems with and with very little trouble have them working great. They nearly always are missing the front sight hood.

Back