• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Machinist tool box

hock

.270 WIN
Guys Ive been looking for a vintage gerstner machinist box for my gun cleaning gear for years. This weekend I picked this one up, which is slightly different than most as it doesnt have the flip up lid with the mirror. Ive searched the web to try and Identify it, and if it is even a gerstner? I have only seen one that is similar but it had no information about it. Its a great find but part of owning it is knowing what I have!
Can anyone help me??
Thanks
Michael
IMG_1697.jpg IMG_1705.jpg

I stumbled on one many many years back. Restored it and gave it to my X wife as a place to keep her jewelry. Before you ask, it was before we divorced. Miss that box.

I don't know anything about it, but man that's an awesome tool box! I love stuff like this and I've been wanting one of the real big ones that's more like a console television. If ever you see one. :)

That's a real cool find!

There ya go Deog Im getting ready to sign my divorce papers, and I just found the box, its looking like 2016 is starting off on the right track!!!!
CaddmannQ I looked at the lock for the name but its quite worn but it looks as the name might have the word eagle in it?? When I go back to my place this weekend I will confirm.
Thanks everyone keep the info coming!!
Michael

I dig it! I've got an old Kennedy machinist's box I use for my gun stuff on the workbench. It's the metal type with the felt lined drawers and the brown crinkle paint on the exterior.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You can check the inside bottom of the box for the Gerstner name.
Also, Gerstner would write the model & drawer number on the back of each drawer.
I believe Union Tool and Moore & Wright, among others made similar boxes.

Back