• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magpul SGA Stock

When I first seen it I almost puked…….but now it’s growing on me a little. I am a function over form guy so if it is the end all be all of shotgun stocks I would run it.
I like all the options they have for them but for 110 bucks it should come with the forend, one of the reasons I don’t like Magpul stuff much, they really really think they are special and cool lol….might be cool but not that special

oli700 said:
When I first seen it I almost puked…….but now it’s growing on me a little. I am a function over form guy so if it is the end all be all of shotgun stocks I would run it.
I like all the options they have for them but for 110 bucks it should come with the forend, one of the reasons I don’t like Magpul stuff much, they really really think they are special and cool lol….might be cool but not that special

Can't reall argue there, it is expensive stuff for being made of plastic. I think it should come with a matching forend as well.
The pistol grip is okay I guess but it I've always liked shotguns with regular stocks on them. Being collapsible doesn't really serve a purpose unless your sporting body armor. How is the Hogue Overmolded stock? I had a 10/22 with a Hogue stock, very comfortable.

kg4kpg said:
oli700 said:

Can't reall argue there, it is expensive stuff for being made of plastic. I think it should come with a matching forend as well.
The pistol grip is okay I guess but it I've always liked shotguns with regular stocks on them. Being collapsible doesn't really serve a purpose unless your sporting body armor. How is the Hogue Overmolded stock? I had a 10/22 with a Hogue stock, very comfortable.

KG,
Had a chance to hold one recently and they are pretty sweet.
If your every up in the Richmond Virginia area, stop on in at Greentop (on the way towards DC) and the whole magpul ready 870 was under $400 there. Not bad since the gun alone usually goes for that.

Sure there elsewhere near you, but that was the cheapest I have seen that setup anywhere.

kg4kpg said:
oli700 said:

I really like all Hogue gear, its top shelf and the rubber overmold has a great feel...I am still on the fence about 12 lop for me.
I had a slip on limb saver pad mounted on it and that was the perfect length, but the pad fell off in the woods because when you run the Hogue pad under the slip on its easy to kick it loose because it doesn't sit flush on a flat surface.....like it would be if the Hogue pad was removed first, but then your back to 12" lop

Imagine this...

Hogue partnering up with Magpul to put rubberized grips on the SGA forend and buttstock?! :shock:

While that is a distant possibility and probably won't happen, it would be a nice combination. Personally, I would like it and am already considering the SGA Stock at least, not so much the forend. The buttstock gives you a pistol style grip, while maintaining the "standard" style stock with adjustable LOP inserts. I would imagine that any of that sand paper tape stuff, that fits a Magpul AR PG, will probably fit this stock in the grip area just as well. One could also just make their own grippies lol

Back