• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magpul's Art of the Dynamic Shotgun DVDs

JJC

Here's 2 of the 5 hrs for free... might as well enjoy it while we can. I think this will get pulled before too long. :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4-bl_yNPws[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLEbW5UzzPU&feature=related[/youtube]

One of the best features of the Magpul DVDs is the "Drills" section. Each drill covered during the regular course is then featured without talk at full speed, 30%, then 50%, different angles as well. Excellent for dry-fire practice.

I liked it enough to eventually buy the DVD set. Not quite as exciting as their trailer for it though :lol:

These were pretty cool to watch! I dont know that I'll ever be a breacher and tactical operator, but there are some practical things on there too that if implemented could improve ones shooting. The stuff they talked about with ammo selection coupled with the firearm producing different results is some every shooter should be aware of. Ammo should always be tested through the specific firearm one uses, even hunters.

So things like stance and grip are things I can take with me to improve my shooting, and start putting better groups together. While I can put 3 rounds in a kill zone, about 6" round, @ 50 yards, I'd like to better and more confident on longer shots by tightening up that 6" to ideally within 2".

I think theres something in these videos for any shotgunner.

I also bought this set recently and think it is well worth the $35 bucks or so ( I think I bought it from Midway). Someone looking for shotgun HD could learn from this dvd, even though it has a somewhat police orientation.

I like Suarez`citizen warrior approach a little better and also recomment his dvd, although volume wise Magpul is definately more flic for the buck. Auerbuck`s dvd is a real yawner--i actually fell asleep the first time I watched it. A sad case of bad presentation muckying up good content--I think. English subtitles would help, but if Paladin press is serious about pushing this dvd they should update it and film it over again.

I purchased the three DVD set a while ago. Excellent!! Very inspiring and informative. I've practice their techniques all the time; speed reloading, combat reloding, drills... everything. I think it's one of the best shotgun DVD's out there!

He definately has the theory of moving while shooting, or perhaps more accuarely moving between shots. Seems self defence is a bit more athletic than I thought. He also has the martial artist approach of seriously practicing with both hands. In particular i can see where it would come in handy if one has sought cover and has to shoot with his off hand to avoid exposing more of his body than necessary. (As in you are a right-hand shooter and the nature of the cover is such that you have to shoot around the left of cover--if you do it right -handed you expose much more of your head and body than if you do it left handed. acouple weeks ago I tried shooting with my off hand side. It was less bad than I thought. With some practice I could add it to my bag of tricks.

I was amused at his comment in the bulletin I received by email today--that they (the crooks) are teaching weapon disarms in prison! it reminded me of the comment in his book: ``what do you do if a BG grabs your barrell? Shoot him off of it!``. Weapons retention is an important topic for shotgun HD:

Let me look up his webpage and post it.

Def alot of info available, and I think weapons retention is quite possibly the most over looked. Certainly not by everyone, but by myself for sure.

I for one could use to give it much more thought!

My thinking is evolving , too. Gone are all the simplistic Weaver stance, 2 shots to center mass, yada yada yada. Self defense is starting to look more like a martial art, as in eye gouges, buttstrokes, sidestepping, and shooting when you can. First good shot wins! Unless you have multiple assailants...

Changing hands for a simple side step is one move to much for me to worry about. Wrong side (do you call that offhand?) shooting for using cover is something I will try to practice though.

These different DVDs are the only way to get tactical training over here (sweden) and I try to watch as many as I can, picking up different techniques when I find something that might suit me.

Back