• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Man with criminal history killed while breaking into home

BirdPrey

.22LR
Good, the intruder was shot and killed.

The intruder's family makes me sick, they are upset that the man defending his property, shot and killed their family member breaking into the home. They said the homeowner should have gave a warning that he had a gun, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

You break into my house, you're getting shot, no warning, or warning shots, ammo is too expensive to waste :twisted:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02 ... -intruder/

Re: Man with criminal history killed while breaking into hom

sadly, anytime you have to defend yourself or property in this type or manner, this is a very real possibility but around here, the homeowner wouldn't have anything to worry about unless he kidnapped the guy and forced him to the home.

The criminal wasn't there selling cookies or Bible's.

As for the sister, lekisha or whatever her name was, about the comment that the homeowner didn't warn him that he had a gun, I bet the criminal didn't ask if the homeowner had one and unless she was there as an accomplice and saw the whole thing for her self, is nothing more than an assumption.

Anyone want to take bets that I am wrong?

Happened in TX, I believe they are allowed to defend property with lethal force there.

I'm not sure they will get very far with this.

It is to be expected these days. They likely will sue and it is not unlikely that his homeowners will payout something to just make it go away. I will defend my family (that includes dogs, any man that will kill your dogs in your house will kill you too) and my life without hesitation but if they get away with my TV....who cares, that same policy will be glad to pay those pennies compared to a wrongful death lawsuit ,BS or not. You really do not want to shoot anybody unless you have no choice. Unless you know in your heart you had little choice you will be awake at 3AM from time to time dealing with it, charged, sued or not. (likely will anyway unless your stone cold).
I am not saying the old fella was wrong, he likely just did what he had to do his call, just trying to keep a little real perspective here. Once you pull the trigger it is not over by a long shot.

RAL

RAL said:
It is to be expected these days. They likely will sue and it is not unlikely that his homeowners will payout something to just make it go away. I will defend my family (that includes dogs, any man that will kill your dogs in your house will kill you too) and my life without hesitation but if they get away with my TV....who cares, that same policy will be glad to pay those pennies compared to a wrongful death lawsuit ,BS or not. You really do not want to shoot anybody unless you have no choice. Unless you know in your heart you had little choice you will be awake at 3AM from time to time dealing with it, charged, sued or not. (likely will anyway unless your stone cold).
I am not saying the old fella was wrong, he likely just did what he had to do his call, just trying to keep a little real perspective here. Once you pull the trigger it is not over by a long shot.

RAL

Exactly, which is why the justice system almost works against those who abide the law. Personally, in self defense, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

MikeD said:
Happened in TX, I believe they are allowed to defend property with lethal force there.

Back home in Texas the perp doesn't even have to be inside your house. By law, Texans are allowed to use deadly force in defense of their life and or property both inside and outside their home.

GOD bless Texas...

John A. You hit on the same point I had in mind, how does the sister-in-law know he did not warn him?

In the tactical shotgun course I took in Cleveland, which was given by an active duty Cleveland police detective, he recommended announcing immediately upon securing your firearm that you have a firearm and will use it . After that point no further warning is necessary. Yes this gives your position away, but chances are the intruder knows where the bedrooms are anyways.

Personally I keep my magazine full, chamber open with gun lock through the chamber (I have kids that are trained but I don't trust other kids visiting the house) so all I have to do its unlock, drop a shell in the chamber, rack and go. My announcement and the racking sound are all they get.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Back