• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Meprolight M 21 blurry / fuzzy bullseye reticle ?

tattooo

.30-06
6e9fa63e20af686d24f348804678d58e.jpg

Im not sure if its my eyes but my new Meprolight M 21 with bullseye reticle is blurry to me....Haven't taken it outdoors but its fuzzy inside with or without the lights on. Does anyone else have the same issue ? Is it defective or is that normal ?

I've never used that particular optic, but all my EOTech reticles are blurry indoors and they clean up nicely outside.

Inside the reticles look like a big blob of individual tiny dots. It's not so much the reticle itself or even lighting conditions as it is a matter of focus. Indoors the eye focuses on the reticle itself with a wall or other background relatively close behind it. Outdoors the eye is focused on the target much further out and the tiny pixels, for lack of a better word, blend into a solid image. Let us know how it looks when you get it outside...

I am used to my eotech xps as well which the brightness can be adjusted, the Mepro is more fuzzy but i agree outside should be better as they are designed to collect light with the fiber optics. These self powered tritium sights are new to me so im not sure what is to be expected and what is out of the ordinary. .... but as always thanks for the reply LES [emoji109]

Have you

looked at it through magnification ?

Take a picture of it , focused on the dot ?

Co-witness through your irons ?

if any of these clean up the appearance of the dot, its your eyes

I took the advice of both Oli & LES, did Oli's tests &... It is what LES was saying.... if i look past the reticle at an object indoors it is perfect crisp & clean but if i focus on the reticle its fuzzy, now looking out the window in the light it is crisp any which way.... so thank you both very much .... now i know the optic is fine ... You both are good dudes [emoji109]

Back