• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Merry Christmas from Afghanistan my Shockwave friends!

Merry Christmas from Afghanistan my Mossberg Shockwave friends! It is officially Christmas here as it is 0438/4:38am.

It is hard to believe that another year has gone by so fast; this time last year I had never seen this forum and had never heard of the Mossberg Shockwave, now I have two of them and a new forum full of friends.

I hope that you all have a great Christmas; my gift to you is a pic of my Christmas tree that I put up on my wall here, it was made out of felt by my grand children. Post up your tree pics. That red patch in the middle says "Make Afghanistan Great again," I picked it up at the Afghan Bazaar here on base as well as a version in their local language which is Pashtun in this region.

CHRISTMAS AFGHANISTAN 2017 X.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Kalashnikitty590. I wish you a safe Christmas, and hope you will find a way to fill it with laughter among your fellow warriors.
My prayers and greatest thanks are with you all. Your grandchildren did a great job on the Christmas tree. It reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree we had in Viet Nam. Hang on to that red patch, you will want to put it on every Christmas tree after you return home.
You asked for us to post pictures of our trees. The angel you see at the top of the tree was on my very first Christmas, and I am 70 years old this Christmas. The tree lights are on in this picture, but I could not get the camera to show them well.
God Bless You and Merry Christmas.
Christmas 2017.JPG

Kalashnikitty
God speed to you and your unit for a safe trip home. I've spent several christmas's down range so i feel your pain. Put doing gods work and its much much appreciated
be safe
1SG
Out

Stay safe out there in the rough Kalishna, and come home soon.

You're making us proud back at home, so thank you for all the sacrifice.

Merry Christmas! And good luck with that Shockwave!

20171224_085320_resized.jpg

May you have both a Merry and Safe Christmas and Happy New Year.

Remember many holidays I was deployed and away from family. Tough times for all.

Best Regards from an old retired veteran.

ripjack, your tree is beautiful, but, I can't take my eyes off the bubble gum machine. I always wanted one of those. It makes a dang fine hat rack too!:)

Here is a huge Christmas tree and good news:
Residents of Baghdad have erected a 30-foot-tall Christmas tree to celebrate Christmas and to mark the end of the terror army Islamic State (ISIS), beaten back by Iraqi Security Forces.
Baghdad Christmas 2017.png

@Kalashnikitty590 I love your flat wall-hanging tree.
Here is the one that my wife made in 1980 that has traveled to all our homes for all those years.
The Peanuts ornaments were hand painted by my son and wife in 1977.

Merry Christmas.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Merry Christmas.

Please know that our prayers and thoughts are with you, and all the other men and women who are serving, and helping keep us safe. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for each of you.

Thank you, and God bless.

Thanks for the great replies everyone, I love the pics of the Christmas tree.

Rico it is amazing that you have still have that beautiful angel tree topper after all these years; what a great way to tie family history and memories of the past with the present. Thank you for your service.

Family is Everything. I thank my Mother for the tradition of the angel, and remember her warmly when I place the angel on the tree each year.

Back