• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mesa picatinny side saddle with ghost ring sights

72guy

.22LR
Howdy from a noob!
Next week,I should be receiving my 590A1 mariner. I decided to add ghost ring sights to the gun and have them on backorder with Mossberg. I'd like to put a side saddle on the gun and have decided on the Mesa Tactical. I was going to use the standard side mount setup. After more research, I'm leaning towards the picatinny rail with side mount.

Question is, will the ghost ring sights work properly with the picatinny rail? Should I consider a different sight to use with the Picatinny rail side saddle. Or should I stay with the ghost sight and use the standard Mesa side mount side saddle?

Another question regarding the 590 stock. After checking out some 590's at my local dealer. I felt the standard stock LOP wasn't going to work. I've ordered a Blackhawk CompStock with the recoil reduction. I've read on this forum that the CompStock LOP is considerably less that the standard Mossberg stock. However, the spec numbers I've see are 590A1 13 7/8" and the CompStock approx 13 1/2". Can anyone confirm the numbers?

Regards

What did you end up deciding on with the ghost ring sights and picatinny rail?

The stock is indeed approximately 13.5". Did you receive it yet?

I measured the stock at 12".
The Blackhawk website, in their FAQ's, says 13.5". http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CompSt ... 55,165.htm
Go figure??

I back ordered the ghost ring sights from Mossberg with an expected delivery time of next week. I'm adding the AIMPRO heat shield and it's advertised as fitting the bead or ghost sights. I'll be fitting the heat shield before I receive the ghost sights, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I decided to go with the standard MESA side saddle without the picatinny rail. It's a nice piece of work.

72guy said:
I measured the stock at 12".
The Blackhawk website, in their FAQ's, says 13.5". http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CompSt ... 55,165.htm
Go figure??

I back ordered the ghost ring sights from Mossberg with an expected delivery time of next week. I'm adding the AIMPRO heat shield and it's advertised as fitting the bead or ghost sights. I'll be fitting the heat shield before I receive the ghost sights, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I decided to go with the standard MESA side saddle without the picatinny rail. It's a nice piece of work.

Mesa makes a fine side saddle you will be extremely happy, btw Welcome to Mossberg Owners! :mrgreen:

I dont know about the side saddle other than all I know who have used love it!

Heat shield shouldnt be any problem either so long as you got the A1 model.

Did you order a rail for the GRS?

The factory LOP is 14 3/8" which is rediculous, so even at 13 1/2" it should help!

Welcome to MO man! Oh! We're gonna need pics! ;)

Rossignol said:
I dont know about the side saddle other than all I know who have used love it!

Heat shield shouldnt be any problem either so long as you got the A1 model.

Did you order a rail for the GRS?

The factory LOP is 14 3/8" which is rediculous, so even at 13 1/2" it should help!

Welcome to MO man! Oh! We're gonna need pics! ;)

Yep, got the A1 Mariner. Should pick it up tomorrow if my FFL contact is at home. The receiver is drilled and tapped, so I figured I'd pass on the rail. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Edit:
Thought I'd post a bit more info on the stock length.

I purchased the Blackhawk Compstock. Formerly sold under the Knoxx brand. Both the Blackhawk and Knoxx stocks/forends are made and stamped by Hogue. My Blackhawk, Knoxx, Hogue Compstock is 12".

Midway sells both the Standard and 12" LOP Hogue Overmolded stock/forend. I couldn't find the specs on the Hogue or Midway websites for the LOP for the Standard stock.

AIMPRO sells the Hogue stock with a 13" LOP.

Hope this helps to clarify why there are so many different numbers being put out on the LOP for the Hogue stocks. Good news-----everyone is right. ;)

Edit #dos:
You guys already knew all of this. Just read the reviews by DHonovich who has reviewed every stock option made by mankind. :oops:

Ahhh, I gotcha, I know the GRS youre talkin about now!

Cant wait to see it!

Back