• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Millett LRS 6-25x56, 35mm tube scope

bellofello

.270 WIN
I picked up this scope on eBay to pass the time while my viper pst ffp is on backorder. Price was around $350 and included a set of rings.
If SWFA shipped to canada, I probably would have leaned to one of their similarly priced models.

The rings supplied are very tall, if the scope was staying on the gun, I would definitely be looking for lower rings. These sit the center of the scope 2.5" over the center of the bore. Other than that, they are holding up fine, and look/feel sturdy enough.

This scope is very heavy, the supplied sunshade is HUGE. It makes it look like your going to be shooting something 10 miles away.

The supplied flip up covers work (the rear one kept hitting me in the forehead, and was VERY tightly put on. Took three of us to pull it off at the range) the front is snug fit and feels sturdy, but easy enough to take off. The rear is in the trash where it belongs.

The optics at lower power are clear, up at 25x it's not terrible, but not great.

Clicks are nice and audible, tactile, and feel positive. The reticle seemed to track fine while boresighting. The reticle is very nice, easy to use, thin enough for precision shot placement.
The focus is very touchy, and could use a bit more tension on the knob.

Overall, it fits the bill for my current needs.

b8973ff9-ad3e-0dc0.jpg
b8973ff9-ad57-c10d.jpg
b8973ff9-ad76-f2d8.jpg

b8973ff9-ad99-7bfb.jpg

It's really damn hard to take a focused picture through the scope with a phone! It's the best I could manage
25x
b8973ff9-adc9-10e6.jpg

6x
b8973ff9-ae27-362c.jpg

b8973ff9-ae61-5ab6.jpg

Back