• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model 140K bolt extractor pins

GlassJoe

Copper BB
This is from my nephew's Mossberg Model 140K. I am trying to get it to work for him.
When you try to load a round into the chamber, it just won't go in. If I slide a round behind the springs, it will load smoothly, fire and extract fine.
My suspicion is that the left pin is bent and broken, but I can't find any pics or info to confirm.
I was looking at the left hand extractor on the Numrich website, part # 67550B and that looks similar??

Any hints?

Attachments

• 140K_bolt.PNG
    140K_bolt.PNG
    197.3 KB · Views: 318
Welcome aboard Sir!

Not too many of us around here familiar with the inner workings of these discontinued models, but we can point you in the right direction. The Havlins are THE resource for information on these older Mossberg guns...

Havlin Sales & Service
(636) 937-6401
havlinsales.com
Mon-Thur 9AM-5PM Central

Hope they can get you fixed up. Keep us posted...

Yup, broken spring was the problem. New extractor installed.
I ordered the extractors from Havlin, but they were out of magazines.
I ordered the extractors Wednesday around lunchtime and they showed up in Saturdays mail!
The only place that seemed to have the magazines was ammoclip.com so I ordered one from them.
I will probably even re-blue it for my nephew. I will have more money into this rifle and it's not even mine. Merry Christmas Nephew!

Attachments

• 140K_bolt_after.PNG
    140K_bolt_after.PNG
    218 KB · Views: 288
Back